•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Credit file after discharge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2015 :  22:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

This has probably been asked but I couldn't find anything specific so anyone's help would be appreciated.

My bankruptcy date was 21/6/12 and discharge date was 21/6/13. I had a black horse car loan included within my bankruptcy although it is still showing on my report and the default date is showing on my credit file as 29/08/12 which is after my bankruptcy date, it also shows the amount as a current balance and also as defaulted, does this sound correct? I had approx 5 or 6 creditors when I went bankrupt and the others have all disappeared from my report so a bit confused with this one

Thank you

forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2015 :  06:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, you'll need to write to the data controller at black horse and ask them to mark your file as satisfied. Give them 28 days to do so.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page


United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2015 :  08:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If you have a copy of your discharge notice then send a copy of that with your letter. If they don't comply then you will need to escalate the request.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06