•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forum Questions
 HelloI owe the banks and I'm on job seekers allowance.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2016 :  11:31:10  Show Profile  Visit Fulya's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I owe the banks a total of upto £5000 and as I'm on job seekers allowance and I have low income I have no choice but declare bankruptcy. Is this possible? If so can I just download the bankruptcy petition form and hand it to the local court asap? I cannot afford to pay the banks even the minimum amount per month under the circumstances I'm in now. Thank you


United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2016 :  18:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome,

Do you have any assets? If you don't and you have less than £50 per month disposable income then you could qualify for a DFO Which will cost you £90 and you will be free in less than a year.

If you declare BR then it will cost a lot more than that even with the reduction in fees as you are on benefits.

Speak to Viki who posts on here (her details are under the expert link on the lefthand side of the page) and she can advise you.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2016 :  21:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fulya,

Please take advice. As Niobe has said, you may qualify for a Debt Relief Order. Speak to an expert and have all your options explained.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06