•Bankruptcy Information Center
•What is Bankruptcy?
•Is Bankruptcy right for me?

•How to declare Bankruptcy?
•What happens to my assets?
•Bankruptcy and credit rating


•Bankruptcy News

Media Room:
•Press releases
•Media Coverage

•About BankruptcyHelp
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forum Questions
 Would it be possible to go bankrupt and still remain in the Philippines ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2016 :  12:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Maureen.d's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A family member lives in the Philippines, left from England in 2014, he is struggling financially and it looks like bankruptcy is the only way out of his situation. Is this still possible to do and would he still be allowed to remain in the Philippines?


United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2016 :  14:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome,

If he left within three years then he can still declare BR in this country but he will have to get someone to help him sort it out - not quite sure how things work now as the laws have just changed. There is no reason why he couldn't remain in the Philippines unless there is a problem with their laws.

Hopefully Viki can pick up on this one and advise.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2016 :  20:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Niobe has said, as long as it's within 3 years of leaving the UK, then he can file for bankruptcy.

Please tell him to make sure he takes advice first so he can see what his options are.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy or debt relief order applications, please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06