Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Bankruptcy & Enhanced Disclosure (CRB)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

charliebucket
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  17:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

As an undischarged bankrupt automatic discharge March 2010 if I have to provide Enhanced Disclosure for a child care worker position CRB check will it show up my BR status? Any advice please. I have searched online but cant find anything about bankruptcy and the enhanced disclosure info. Many thanks.

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  18:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have just had an enhanced CRB and no it does not show up anything as regards your BR

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
RevivaUK helped me through it all i can't recommend them enough!!
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  18:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A CRB check will only show up criminal records and, as declaring BR is not a crime, it will not be a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  19:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi charliebucket,

No need to worry about BR and an enhanced CRB. Hope the following assists:-

When an enhanced CRB disclosure is requested, after the CRB have printed a list of any cautions or convictions a person has received, the check is then passed to the local police.

The police hold a record of any incident they are called to investigate and every time then have contact with a member of the public. The police consider any of this other information that they hold about the person that is not part of their criminal record. If the police officer doing this part of the check believes that the information is relevant to the kind of work the person is applying for, they are permitted to add it to the 'other relevant information' section of an enhanced check. A fresh decision about the relevance of the information will be made each time a new check is applied for.

An employer or training provider is permitted to take into consideration any information that appears on the CRB disclosure when making a recruitment decision.

If you are having a basic disclosure (currently only available through disclosure Scotland) or a Standard CRB check, this other relevant information would not be requested as part of the check.

Being a BR is not a criminal offence, so relax and I hope that you are successful in your search for employment.

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2009 :  19:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work for the police, and in my force, the CRB check is done by the police, we have an office specifically to deal with this.

Cautions and criminal records will be checked. If you are found to have similar details to someone on record, you may have to provide fingerprints for elimination purposes just to prove that you are are not that person.

They are destroyed afterwards.

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page