Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi all i have got my court date on tuesday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  20:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon

Are you sure you should attend Stourbridge court anyway you have to attened the court where your IVA was done,

Edited by - Daniel Griffiths on 27 June 2010 20:38:37
Go to Top of Page

simonshoot5

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  20:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my IVA was done at Dudley County Court but when I rang them to book an appointment about going bankrupt they said due to where I live I needed to go to Stourbridge. Im confused now.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  20:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you tell them you were in a current IVA which was done at Dudley County Court, have you moved since the IVA was done?
Go to Top of Page

simonshoot5

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  20:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No haven't moved. Didn't tell them as didnt realise I needed to until coming on here and talking to people who have said I cant go bankrupt until I have received my certficate of failure for my IVA.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  21:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when in an IVA agreement you normally have to attened the same court which approved the IVA to go bankrupt, I would still go to Stourbridge on Tuesday, and see what happens, they may call Dudley or Birmingham Court for advice however whether its Dudley or Stourbridge its still the same OR office in Birmingham, if they tell you they cannot hear the petition you can still tell them the procedure at Birmingham Court who adopt the correct format for the granting of bankruptcy of people in a current IVA agreement.

Personally though what is the hurry you have protection in the IVA from creditors until it fails if you waited for this you would not have the bother however I accept that some people just want it all to end and the clock to start ticking for discharge
Go to Top of Page

simonshoot5

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  21:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes definately want it all to end. Just getting a little confused as getting loads of different advice from people on here. Im just worried about going Tuesday and paying them £600 for them to tell me I cant go bankrupt until I have received my certificate of failure for my IVA. I cant afford to pay another £600 if it doesnt go through the first time.
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Griffiths

United Kingdom
268 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2010 :  22:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon

You cannot lose your £600, if you use what you have learned of this site you now have enough information to deal with this, if need be and they do tell you that you cannot petition ask them about the procedure at Birmingham County Court the staff regulary talk to each other they are neighbouring courts Birmingham takes their bankruptcy cases when they are too busy, I think you will find Stourbridge are aware of the procedure which will allow you to file voluntary bankruptcy while the IVA is in force.
Go to Top of Page

simonshoot5

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2010 :  18:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Spoke with the court today. they would not accept me without my faild iva papers. So i rang my iva supervisor and he has cancled my iva and in 10-14 days i will have the failed papers. Got a new court date of the 13 july. hope it all goes well and they will accept me. Thanks to every 1 posting on here it has been so so helpfull.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2010 :  18:50:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad you got it sorted, worth the phone call rather than being turned away on the day
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page