Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Filing for bankruptcy EOW
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 11 December 2008 :  23:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo and Julian,

Well I had the interview on Monday and think it went pretty well. They interviewed me first and then my wife. Asked what the debt was caused for and our reply was pretty much just general living. They didn't question any of my monthly outgoings either and looks like we will keep the car. Once he had worked out that the debt had been mostly caused 1 year plus ago he said that our disposable income was £800 per month and so the IPA payments should be about £400 until my wife's SMP runs out in 3 months and then I guess they will have to reduce or cancel payments from there on.

Could things still change or should I take what the guy on the interview said as final?

How long does it take from OR interview to receiving the payment details from them? I guess they still have to do further investigation. He did say that they had already spoken to my bank.

HBOS were good as well. Spoke to them after it happened and they said that the only way they would close my account would be if we closed it ourselves. The bankruptcy would not affect it they said.

Should I carry on using the HBOS account or open another with someone like thinkbanking?

A relieved Subzuk
Go to Top of Page

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2008 :  06:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,

HBOS were not one of my creditors. Our bank was with barclays so about a month before BR we setup a new HBOS account and had funds paid there instead.

Thanks for all your advice. Its really helped me set myself at ease. Will let you know if anything else happens.

Cheers
Subzuk
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2008 :  13:06:20  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best of luck!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2008 :  19:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Halifax decided to put a block on my account. Opened one up with CoOp and its been approved. Just have to go down to Halifax tomorrow and try and sort things out.

Cheers
Subuk
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2008 :  15:26:02  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done!

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Don't forget the helpline on 0800 078 9367
Go to Top of Page

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2009 :  16:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo and Julian,

We made our first payment to moon beever yesterday. In March she will be going onto SMP so her salary will drop by £600. Does this mean that when our disposable goes down to £220 that we will have to pay £110 between us?

Another question is she will be paid a bonus from work tomorrow of £1000. I am not sure who or if to inform of this to (the trustee, RTLU or moon beever). And how much if I do inform them of it will they take from her?

I also received a bonus of about £300 for this 1/4 so the same applies to me as well.

One last question, they are talking about redundancies at her work. She will be due for a payout of around £10000. If she is made redundant after we are discharged then do we have to give the money to the OR? If she is made redundant before hand then how much do we give the OR.

So many questions that I hope you can answer.

Cheers
Subzuk
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2009 :  16:27:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once your wife goes onto SMP contact Moon Beever and they will send you new I & E forms so that your IPA can be reassessed.

When I had a change in my income I was told to contact the agents collecting my IPA and they would notify the OR. I'm not sure how much of your wife's bonus would be taken off her as this seems to be a grey area - sorry that's not a lot of help!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

18 IPA payments to go!
Go to Top of Page

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2009 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Skippy for the info.

Really need to know about the bonus and redundancy thing if anyone else can help out?

Cheers
Subzuk
Go to Top of Page

subzuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  18:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump..

Hoping to have some sort of answer by Monday. Can anyone answer my questions?

Cheers
Subzuk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page