Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 What will happen to me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chick1983
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2009 :  10:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So action plan is (is this right?!)

1. Open cash mider account and re arrnage all direct debts, and move as many as possible into partners name.

2. Only give details of accounts that I owe money too, don't include Sky, BT etc?

3. Save the money to declare!

Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2009 :  19:45:30  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

I would stop money going in from your account from your partner.

Benefits can be used to calculate an IPA, they used mine (SSP) and I didnt get one.

Why dont you open a joint cashminder with your partner?
Detail the reason why you are changing accounts on your SoA
Declare the tax credits as your income.

Best of luck

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

chester2005
Average Member

United Kingdom
786 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2009 :  20:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes i would open a cashminder account , you will have to declare it on your forms but when you go BR tell the OR you need the COOP account for your benefits and the chances are so long as you don't owe the COOP anything the OR will say he hasn't got any interest in it.
As long as Sky etc will be happy to carry on providing a service to you when BR and you don't owe them they should be no problem.
If they did cancel any contracts after BR and wanted paying for the full term you could declare it to the OR then and say you forgot about it and didn't owe them at the time.

Dave

Don't worry or know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.(Baz Lurman)
Life's too short!!!
Go to Top of Page

sjbyron
Average Member

United Kingdom
746 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  11:10:20  Show Profile  Send sjbyron an AOL message  Click to see sjbyron's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi

I would put Sky BT and TMobile on your unsecured creditors as balance of 0, and would detail on your reason for bankruptcy that these accounts are still open and the companies havent given a decision of whether they will allow you to keep the account or not. That way it wont look odd to the OR at the time of BR.

Stu J Byron
Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  11:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not put these companies in the unsecured creditor section, I just listed them on the I&E as a monthly expenditure and did not tell them I was bankrupt
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  12:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

whilst I see where sjbyron is coming from in that to list Sky and BT confirms they will be included if each supplier refuses to continue I'm with jane on this one if your preference is to continue the Sky and BT accounts if they allow (which I'm sure they will).

If either were to terminate your agreement your verbal request to the OR to add these as creditors later would be perfectly acceptable to him and definitely included in your BR as the contracts were taken out before the date of bankruptcy.

To include them from the start may just prompt contact from the OR that otherwise may not have been made at all.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page

Jane.l
Average Member

511 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  12:13:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, we did not have Sky but we had BT and Vodafone contracts and car insurance, I did not put them as a creditor, just a monthly expenditure, and the OR never informed the companies so I didn't and we have just continued to pay them monthly as before
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  20:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a contract with Vodafone (still have it) and I never listed it as I didn't owe them any money and as I wanted to keep the contract I didn't want them informed of the BR.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

22 IPA payments made, 14 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2009 :  21:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

another issue being if you list SKY / BT / Mobile contracts as creditors on your SoA when you would prefer to keep these things going, then I would assume any future payment is preferential.
Either they are a creditor or they're not.

Best to leave them out unless you want them to cease.

John White
England Jackman & Spacey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page