Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Thinking of living with bf...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  17:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Traceyjr

Unfortunately if the debts are in your name then you are liable, not your partner, even if he was partly responsible for running up the debts.

Why do you say unfortunately? I think it very fortunate that only one of has to go bankrupt, as we will have more of his money to live ff, whatever it says on the Statement of Outgoings.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  19:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The OR will be interested in how the debts are run up yes, YOU SHOULD NEVER LIE TO THE OR, that is perjury.

However only person liabile remains liable they wont transfer the liability say if you paid for his living.

BUT

There are certain bankruptcy offences where if you prefered one creditor over the other or gave money away under certain conditions that could lead the OR to recover the money from the person it was given to or preferenced along with certain axtra restrictions for the bankrupt
Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

The OR will be interested in how the debts are run up yes, YOU SHOULD NEVER LIE TO THE OR, that is perjury.

However only person liabile remains liable they wont transfer the liability say if you paid for his living.

BUT

There are certain bankruptcy offences where if you prefered one creditor over the other or gave money away under certain conditions that could lead the OR to recover the money from the person it was given to or preferenced along with certain axtra restrictions for the bankrupt

Perjury! Perjury is only perjury if you can be shown to have lied. I've no problem with giving the OR the whole sordid story. As I say, I begged to be able to deal wih the mortgage and phoned A****** N******* who refused to listen to me and allowed the house to be repossessed from under my feet.

I don't understand your other comments. All that matters is that I and I alone am liable for my debts in my name and if that just so happens to suit our situation, so be it. Rejoice!

Nor do I understand the extra action business you refer to. I have so far paid al my credit cards and loans and am not in default, and have not negotiated anything with any company ever, let alone to the detriment of another creditor. They have always been paid - for so many years. Now it is getting difficult.

Edited by - Alina Pietrzyk on 23 June 2011 20:26:51
Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alina Pietrzyk

quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

BUT

Perjury! Perjury is only perjury if you can be shown to have lied. I've no problem with giving the OR the whole sordid story. As I say, I begged to be able to deal wih the mortgage and phoned A****** N******* who refused to listen to me and allowed the house to be repossessed from under my feet.

I don't understand your other comments. All that matters is that I and I alone am liable for my debts in my name and if that just so happens to suit our situation, so be it. Rejoice!

Nor do I understand the extra action business you refer to. I have so far paid all my credit cards and loans and am not in default, and have not negotiated anything with any company ever, let alone to the detriment of another creditor. They have always been paid - for so many years. Now it is getting difficult.

And I have never had anything to give away to anybody.

Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2011 :  15:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The household expenses are based on meeting the reasonable domestic expenses of the bankrupt, excessive amounts on cigarettes and alcohol, would not be seen as a reasonable domestic expenditure.

But what your partner spends his money on is of no concern to the OR, if he isn't bankrupt, however the assessment for an IPA takes into consideration your income and your partner's income, so say for instance with regards to total household income, you provide 40% of it and your partner 60%, the IPA calculator that the OR uses, will assume that you pay 40% of any household expenditure, e.g rent/mortgage £600 per month, the OR will assume that you pay £240 towards the rent/mortgage and so on,regardless of what your partner spends the money on.

You also mentioned obtaining a loan to pay off gambling debts, depending on how much,when and what type of gambling the OR would delve into that a bit deeper, as it could lead to them seeking a BRO(bankruptcy restriction order), to basically extend the restrictions on you for 2 - 15 years.

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

Essie

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2011 :  22:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry guys,

Getting back to my earlier question... the OR ask what my bfs income is in order to establish that he is paying a fair proportion. Will they accept his income after he has made CSA payments or will they use the full income figure? If they don't take into account the CSA it is not a true representation of his income.

Also, will they def let me contribute towards the bfs children??

Thanks tons,

Charlotte

Finally got head out of sand in October 2010
BR March 2011
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page