Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 credit report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  13:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately once you're off the register there's nothing you can do. Some OR's will send you a letter, but it doesn't sound as though yours will, although it might be worth asking.

When you search on ICO website for the data controller all you need to do is enter the name of the creditor in the name field and search. It may bring up more than one address, but I then narrowed it down to the closest address to the one that I had correspondence from.

My creditors were:
Next
Littlewoods
NatWest
Barclaycard
Egg
Virgin MBNA

I also had to write to Max Recovery, so if any of those are your creditors let me know and I'll post the addresses for you.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

24 IPA payments made, 12 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

bill88
Starting Member

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  15:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi skippy

mine are:

Egg - C/C
Mbna- Virgin C/C
Natwest- Account
Tesco
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  16:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Egg Credit Card:

The Data Controller
Egg Banking Plc
Riverside Road
Pride Park
Derby
DE99 3GG

MBNA / Virgin (Specify that it's for a Virgin credit card):

The Data Controller
MBNA Europe Bank Ltd.
PO Box 1004
Chester Business Park
Chester
Cheshire
CH4 9WW

Natwest (Mine was for a loan but I think this is right):

The Data Controller
National Westminster Bank Plc
135 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 3UR

Tesco (They were one of my creditors but never updated my file and I haven't got around to chasing them. I'm not sure if this is the right address...):

The Data Controller
Tesco Personal Finance Limited
24 St. Andrew Square
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH2 1AF

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  19:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skippy13
Tesco (They were one of my creditors but never updated my file and I haven't got around to chasing them. I'm not sure if this is the right address...):

The Data Controller
Tesco Personal Finance Limited
24 St. Andrew Square
Edinburgh
Midlothian
EH2 1AF

Tesco are absolutely useless so good luck in getting them to update their records. I declared BR over 2 months ago and am still receiving letters from them chasing their money. I have forwarded them 2 copies of my BR certificate to no avail and the OR has said that they have contacted Tesco as well. I have also telephoned them and passed them my BR details but they still insist on sending me threatening letters, which I will be forwarding to the OR

I also had issues with them when changing my car insurance to another company. Despite ringing them up and advising I was moving insurance companies and providing them my new address they sent me letters for the next three months complaining they couldn't get their DD for the car insurance, advising me that driving without insurance is illegal and threatening to tell the DVLA that I was driving without insurance!

All of these letters went to my old address. The only way I actually got them to stop sending the letters was to threaten to use the Freedom of Information Act to obtain all of the data they held on me to prove to them that I had canceled the policy. I also threatened them with the Data Protection Act as they insisted on using my old address even though they had the new details. Rather unsurprisingly 10 days after sending them a letter with these threats I receive a very apologetic letter from them and they even sent it to my correct address.

I had my car insurance with them for 5 years and never made a claim but based on my experiences with them it must be a complete nightmare dealing with them if you do need to make a claim.

With a Tesco loan and CC included in my BR I have no doubt that they will refusing me loans/CC/insurance for a long time to come but they are one company that I am quite happy to never have to use again.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2009 :  20:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaah, someone who loves Tesco as much as I do!

A few months after I went BR they defaulted me, so I phoned to remind them I was BR. They demanded payment, and said they didn't know I was BR. When I told them I went BR in March 2007 they said their system said I went BR in June 2007!

They went on to demand payment and when I said I wasn't legally allowed to pay them they told me that they didn't recognise BR and I had to make a payment there and then!

I had fun and games with them when I had insurance with them as well - I had an accident on New Years Day and when I rang to report it I was told they couldn't do anything and to ring back the next day. When I phoned up they asked where the car was etc and I said it was outside my house. No-one came to assess the damage, so I kept phoning them back and each time they said they didn't know where the car was - you could hardly miss it, it was the one with the v-shaped bonnet!

When they eventually agreed it was a right off they lost my file, so it took them ages to get a check to me, as they had to lodge a complaint to look for the file!

I have given up trying to get them to amend my credit file, although I will have another go when I can find the motivation. I'll take great delight in reporting them to the ICO!

I'm sorry you've had so many problems with them, I had been led to believe that their insurance had improved, but obviously not! I recommended them to someone the other day - oops!

Oh and by the way, to top it all I used their petrol when they had the problems and had to have new exhaust sensors which cost me £500 as I had no receipt and no proof that I had used the petrol as I paid cash!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page