Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hi I’m 5 months into personal bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  15:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem nikjak

You are Ok for the moment certainly. BUT, I would not let the grass grow under your feet - make contact with the local council as soon as you can - they will surprise you with how helpful they can be.

Over my life, I have seen so many repossessions that were not necessary or could be tackled with another strategy - I have seen all sides of the coin too and have assisted many people over the years.

If you have a young family, you will, in all probability, be given some assitance to start afresh. A long time ago, I worked in Southwark in London as Head of the Homeless Persons Unit - we had 150 staff (15 years ago) just dealing with homelessness. I was also a Director of Housing in a smaller borough and we saw many many people who thought that nothing could be done for them - we proved them wrong!

I wish you lots of luck, be positive and post back if you need to run a question as there will be someone to listen on here too!

Richard

"Life is generally something that happens elsewhere" (Alan Bennett - author and hero of mine!!)
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  15:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again nikjak,

I missed your follow on post in reply to my first one today.

That is even more reason to approach the local council straight away - with a youngster and ill health (particular stress and mental health) they will be able to give you good advice.

I do wish you lots of luck and my heart is thinking of you, my children are grown up now and I have three grandchildren so I feel for you and your young one

I wish I could give more than cyber advice - what part of the country do you live in?

Richard

"Life is generally something that happens elsewhere" (Alan Bennett - author and hero of mine!!)
Go to Top of Page

nikjak
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  16:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all of you for your support.

I live in Manchester Riachard!
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  16:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi nikjak,

I like Manchester - home of my heroes (Oasis! - I am 57 and should know better!).

Unfortunatly, I am at the other end of the country - in Plymouth.

I do wish you well and will be happy to give you supposrt - look after yourself and try not to stress too much!

Regards, Richard

Go to Top of Page

nikjak
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  16:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Richard you have a very kind heart.

I am going to visit the council tomorrow and see where I stand. See if I can get some peace of mind.

x
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  17:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck and post back - will think of you to help with your strength. Richard

Go to Top of Page

nikjak
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2010 :  19:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks I managed to get a bit stronger and return to work on monday but it has been hell on earth! after my nicey nicey return to work interview i was immediately invited to a disciplinary meeting to ask why i placed slanderous remarks towards my colleagues on a social networking site? Constant digs at my "performance" being watched constantly making sure I am where I say i am! I am found this all unbearable and yesterday went to my boss to ask him to stop putting me through this torture and just make me redundant, he said no but could possibly sign a compromise agreement! anyone had any experience of these???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page