Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hallo. we need to declare bankruptcy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

samanthadm
Starting Member

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2009 :  22:09:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By way of a quick update - we have now found a property to rent and I am busy filling out the on-line SOA.

I have mixed response to my letters above from creditors. Capital One have been most persitant and replied to my second letter saying they had every right to contact me whenever and however they want. Of course this is untrue and is just bullying and harassment. The Consumer Action Group website gives good advise on dealing with these thugs. I intend lodging complaints with the FSA, ICO and Trading Standards which is all free. In due course I will take civil action. Keeping a log of all calls is essential, especially if filing a complaint with the police.

Other creditors have ignored my letters and just send demands for overdue payments. I have responded by making offers of minimal payment but only if they agree to place the account in abeyance

things . . . can only get better
Go to Top of Page

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2009 :  22:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again Sam

I am so pleased to see you are up for a fight with these "thugs" - a wonderful description of them - I have wrestled and wrestled with them for me, others and at the moment my wife.

I went BR, my wife did not and will not if we can hold om through my BR - these people who call from 8.00 am - 9.00 pm want to be locked up - they are EVIL.

I have asked them if they sleep at night and I once said have you ever been responsible for someones death... (a bit strong maybe). He said what do I mean, I said you have driven me to attempt suicide and I am sure there are others too that you have assaulted - he did not have an answer.

I wish you well - we are currently taking three firms through their complaints and to the Financial Ombudsman - what goes round comes round...

I wish you well with your quest for justice, Richard

"There are no problems - only solutions..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page