Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 no income and going bankrupt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asty

180 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2009 :  10:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no income I've just become unemployed and i haven't paid enough NI over the last two years so I cant claim any benefits.

I live with my girlfriend at my girlfriends sisters house, As i have no money to go bankrupt I'm worried that Im going to get visit after visit from bailiff's trying to take my girlfriends and her sisters possessions I don't actually own anything at all apart from my clothes.

How can i prove that none of the items in the house are mine.

also how can i go bankrupt with out any money ? its crazy that i cant even afford to go bankrupt.

what should i do ?

Melanie.n
forum expert

United Kingdom
1282 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2009 :  15:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make an appointment with your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) - they operate schems to help people in simiilar circumstances to yours to provide a voucher to enable you to file for bankruptcy - this service is only available via the CAB and only they can say whether or not you qualify.
Another option may be that if your debts are under £15k the new Debt Relief Order (DRO)will be coming into effect from 6th April (again only available via the CAB) the costs of this is £90(but it can even be paid in insatllments for the low paid. It is no different than bankruptcy but brought in to deal with cases where debts under £15k and no assets ie house

Worth listing yoour debs and see whther your debts are under £15k and if you qualify for this. You will not have to attend court nor have an OR interview under this new scheme. Appointments are now being made in advance with local CAB offices but you will have to call in to book the appointment with an Accredited Money Advisor.

Melanie Nicholas
28 years insolvency experience - 23 of which in the Insolvency Service
- Insolvency Manager
Jones Giles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page