Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Our I & E ... Help please.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FreshStart
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  13:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello... I have initially draft our expenses , these figures are for a family of 2 adults and one child aged 4.

INCOME:

OH INCOME – 1161.29
CHILD TAX CREDIT – 209.29
CHILD BENEFIT – 80.00
WORKING TAX CREDIT – 21.84
TOTAL INCOME = 1472.42

RENT – 450 – 170 from housing benefit = 280.00
COUNCIL TAX – 90
ELECTRIC – 100 ( we only use electric in our house/ no gas)
WATER – 25
FOOD/TOILETRIES – 420
TELEPHONE – 65 (50 telephone and 15 mobile phone)
INTERNET - 20 ( needed to keep in touch with family and educational purposes as im going back to university in September)
FUEL/ TRAVEL EXPENSES – 120
CAR TAX – 12.50
CAR MOT AND SERVICING – 35.00
CLOTHES – 150.00
CONTENTS INSURANCE – 20.00
LIFE INSURANCE – 7.50
BREAKDOWN COVER – 5.00
TV LICENSE – 12.00
DRY CLEANING – 10.00
DENTISTS AND OPTICIANS- 20.00
HAIRDRESSER – 25.00
UK MODEST BREAK– 50.00
SCHOOL MEAL - 40.00

TOTAL EXPENSES – 1507.00

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Also, we have a car that is worth around 500-700. My husband use this for work as he sometimes need to go around the different sites in his area. We will also definitely need it as me and my daughter will be going back to school in September and he will have to take my daughter to school and pick her up from my inlaws after his work. Will the OR take the car as this is one of my main worries?

Thanks again.

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  15:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The I&E looks fine so there shouldn't be any problems with it. The OR will only take the car if they think it is not needed for work or necessary trips. If your husband uses it for work then there shouldn't be a problem.

When I had my OR interview she said she valued the car at £1400 (I had it at £1k max according to Parkers) and I said that I need it to travel 15 miles each way to work. She said that's fine and we moved on to the next part of the interview. She really didn't appear to be bothered about taking it and didn't even question whether I could travel on public transport to work and back, although I couldn't.
Go to Top of Page

Hallway123

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  15:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told I would only be allowed £420 for food and £150 clothing for 2 adults and 2 teenagers,clothing was ok, but I'd neva have been able to manage on the food.They said I won't get an ipa if I would have done I'd have argued over it, because it was so under budget,I'm with the Blackpool office.
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  16:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi FreshStart,

I don't use my car for work but I was allowed to keep it. It's 13 years old and probably only worth £500 at most. I had to pay the OR £100 to keep it though. It seems as though there is no fixed ruling on cars, unless they are worth a fair amount of money.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

FreshStart
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  16:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank youn again for the reply...

My concern is the OR taking the car because he might see it as just another expenses and might decide to take it away so we can have more DI and be able to pay an IPA. I am not fussed about the IPA much as its nice to know that we are still able to pay in whatever amount we can (although wouldnt complain if we dont get any hehehe) ... Just really need to keep the car as I dont know how he'd manage to go around Manchester without it and be able to pick up my daughter after school. Ahhhhh... the joys eh... Im just thinking it will soon be over.

£420 for two adults and two kids?? Ive had a looked at the expenditure guideline and it says there that it for 2 adults and 1 child it is around 395 something... Also, If the OR decides to reduce this... it will be sooo hard to cope as my husband eats for 2 people already.. LOL... and am not joking :P

Is there a set amount of expenditure as it seems to vary from OR to OR... I am filling in Manchester and I've seen one post here that says how horrible their experience with an OR from Manchester so am actually dreading it but fingers crossed and like we have any other choice anyway.. Just gonna have to bite the bullet...

As long as we can keep the car and we can reasonably live... I think I'll cope with that. Sorry my post may sound a bit cheery I know it is a serious matter and I fully understand the repurcusions but I guess tears has run dry and just looking forward to a Fresh Start.

Also, yet another question.. our expenses is actually higher than our income... what would happen? I know I can remove the UK Modest Break for £50 but it wouldnt make much difference anyway..were just going to break even.

Anymore inputs on our I & E would be highly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Go to Top of Page

FreshStart
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  16:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello xmas_baby,

Why did you have to pay the OR 100? What is it for? Thanks.. Hope u dont mind me askin.
Go to Top of Page

Hallway123

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2009 :  16:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My expenditure was £300 more than my income and nothing was said.My 2 teenagers are both 6foot and eat for britain so would have been impossible to manage on £420 housekeeping,I think even though there are basic guidelines it does depend on your OR and also if you are near to having enough to have to pay ipa, they will allow you less so they can get 1 out of you.Other things I put down such as £50 uk break,£50 phone,£15 personal care were neva questioned
Go to Top of Page

FreshStart
Starting Member

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2009 :  09:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have I forgoten to put anything that might be allowed?

Any more help regarding my I and E would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2009 :  14:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car Insurance? Or is that included in the other car expenses?

The glimmer gets brighter all the time

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page