Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 gobsmacked and angry !!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joella68 Posted - 31 January 2009 : 09:07:26
how can this happen !!!!

just opened my re - directed post, to find a tore card from JJB saying please activate your card now, with a £250 credit limit !!!

obviously NOT me that has applied so telephoned the activation line and said please can you tell me when this card was applied for !

anyway it was applied for on 24th jan ( tuesday ) in YORK !!!
again NOT ME, they reckon there has been a purchase on it in order for it to be oopened, they did not know at this point how much that was, but will be in touch soon. i explained i was bankrupt and that they need to close this account immediately.

IM SOOOOO ANGRY THAT PEOPLE CAN GET HOLD OF ALL YOUR DETAILS AND COMMIT SUCH FRAUD

i will be letting the OR know first thing monday morning

although what shocks me more is i guess my credit file MUST show that im BR how was someone given credidt on that basis ????????????????

moving forward to new beginnings

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Skippy Posted - 02 February 2009 : 08:13:26
I wrote at the beginning of December and haven't had a reply. I tried to open a Barclays account but they wouldn't let me.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!
zamfir Posted - 02 February 2009 : 00:13:05
I wouldn't expect a quick reply from Co-op, I've sent them two letters (as the customer service department gave conflicting information).

A month later, I received a letter through the post, answering only one of the three questions.

It's a good little account, but with Barclays now offering a Visa Debit Connect card (which doesn't allow you to go overdrawn on purchases alone) on their cash card account, I think the time is right for me to switch.
joella68 Posted - 01 February 2009 : 17:21:01
i agree with you guys, but this is a JJB credit card that has been opened in my name !!!

again how can this happen when im BR ???

and what ID of mine have they used to open a credit card, it was apparently done in store !!!
usually you need a debit card or another credit card to open up an account .........so im baffle :-(

Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 16:47:29
That's a good idea Jim. I've got 2 Nationwide accounts and I transfer the money for my bills into the cash card account so there's only ever my spending and petrol money in the main account.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

jim_h Posted - 01 February 2009 : 15:01:28
a tip i have opened a online saver account with Lloyds can only be accessed by me keep most of my money in it and transfer over as and when i need it i never keep more than a couple of hundred pounds in my main account
joella68 Posted - 01 February 2009 : 13:09:15
oh ok guys thanks for the heads up x

Skippy Posted - 01 February 2009 : 12:28:07
I agree with Jo, you really should report it to the police as you may find that you need a crime number later on.

joella68 Posted - 31 January 2009 : 23:11:31
i really hope they do get to the bottom of it jo, but regards to contacting the police, im affraid i have very little time for them.

i wont go into detail but there was a major incident that i went to them with last summer and to this day im still waiting for someone to contact me !!!!

joella68 Posted - 31 January 2009 : 22:39:13
im just worried how on earth someone had enough of MY id to open up this credit card ???

givemestrength Posted - 31 January 2009 : 12:18:35
hi, my card was cloned 2 weeks ago and used twice in pizza hut for £50.00 a time and a supermarket for over £100 i wish i could afford to take the kids out to pizza hut i hope they get serious s***s for life (couldn't spell diariah lol) bank was great feel guilty that i'll not be able to pay them back.
Skippy Posted - 31 January 2009 : 10:58:10
Nope, I never heard a thing from the Co-op.

The Nationwide account is one from years ago that I'd stopped using but never bothered closing. I declared it on my BR forms but it was never frozen and there was only about £1 in it so the OR wasn't interested. I decided to take a chance on whether Nationwide would let me use it, and to be honest I only expected a cash card, but they sent me a full debit card, which was a nice surprise! I was a bit nervous using it at first, but hopefully everything will be ok!

Skippy Posted - 31 January 2009 : 10:40:12
I hadn't thought of that. I've got a full debit card now, so I'm probably playing into their hands!

I had to phone Nationwide yesterday as I ordered a chequebook 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. They confirmed it had been sent, but have now stopped the cheques - the last thing I want is people writing cheques on my account! I didn't get a PIN reminder that was sent out either, which was what worried me even more!

Skippy Posted - 31 January 2009 : 10:32:22
I know I should pay by cash, but Dave says I'm like the queen and never carry any! The petrol station I usually use charges £1.50 per withdrawal at the cashpoint, so I won't use it on principle.

Skippy Posted - 31 January 2009 : 10:21:18
That's awful - I hope you get it all sorted out without any more problems.

My big worry is that my card will be cloned when I buy petrol, as apparently petrol stations are one of the most popular places for cloning.

joella68 Posted - 31 January 2009 : 09:17:54
hi jo,

its disgusting and makes me sooooooooo mad !!!

just back in august i had 2 incidents within the space of 7 weeks of fraud in my bank accout, first with hubbys card, then mine.

it shocks me rigid how much of goes on..........and i bet they never catch the culprits either :-(

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page