Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 gobsmacked and angry !!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  09:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how can this happen !!!!

just opened my re - directed post, to find a tore card from JJB saying please activate your card now, with a £250 credit limit !!!

obviously NOT me that has applied so telephoned the activation line and said please can you tell me when this card was applied for !

anyway it was applied for on 24th jan ( tuesday ) in YORK !!!
again NOT ME, they reckon there has been a purchase on it in order for it to be oopened, they did not know at this point how much that was, but will be in touch soon. i explained i was bankrupt and that they need to close this account immediately.

IM SOOOOO ANGRY THAT PEOPLE CAN GET HOLD OF ALL YOUR DETAILS AND COMMIT SUCH FRAUD

i will be letting the OR know first thing monday morning

although what shocks me more is i guess my credit file MUST show that im BR how was someone given credidt on that basis ????????????????

moving forward to new beginnings

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  09:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi jo,

its disgusting and makes me sooooooooo mad !!!

just back in august i had 2 incidents within the space of 7 weeks of fraud in my bank accout, first with hubbys card, then mine.

it shocks me rigid how much of goes on..........and i bet they never catch the culprits either :-(

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  10:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's awful - I hope you get it all sorted out without any more problems.

My big worry is that my card will be cloned when I buy petrol, as apparently petrol stations are one of the most popular places for cloning.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

20 IPA payments made, 16 to go - on the home straight!
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  10:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I should pay by cash, but Dave says I'm like the queen and never carry any! The petrol station I usually use charges £1.50 per withdrawal at the cashpoint, so I won't use it on principle.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  10:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hadn't thought of that. I've got a full debit card now, so I'm probably playing into their hands!

I had to phone Nationwide yesterday as I ordered a chequebook 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. They confirmed it had been sent, but have now stopped the cheques - the last thing I want is people writing cheques on my account! I didn't get a PIN reminder that was sent out either, which was what worried me even more!

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  10:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, I never heard a thing from the Co-op.

The Nationwide account is one from years ago that I'd stopped using but never bothered closing. I declared it on my BR forms but it was never frozen and there was only about £1 in it so the OR wasn't interested. I decided to take a chance on whether Nationwide would let me use it, and to be honest I only expected a cash card, but they sent me a full debit card, which was a nice surprise! I was a bit nervous using it at first, but hopefully everything will be ok!

Go to Top of Page

givemestrength

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  12:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, my card was cloned 2 weeks ago and used twice in pizza hut for £50.00 a time and a supermarket for over £100 i wish i could afford to take the kids out to pizza hut i hope they get serious s***s for life (couldn't spell diariah lol) bank was great feel guilty that i'll not be able to pay them back.
Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  22:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im just worried how on earth someone had enough of MY id to open up this credit card ???

Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2009 :  23:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i really hope they do get to the bottom of it jo, but regards to contacting the police, im affraid i have very little time for them.

i wont go into detail but there was a major incident that i went to them with last summer and to this day im still waiting for someone to contact me !!!!

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2009 :  12:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jo, you really should report it to the police as you may find that you need a crime number later on.

Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2009 :  13:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh ok guys thanks for the heads up x

Go to Top of Page

jim_h

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2009 :  15:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a tip i have opened a online saver account with Lloyds can only be accessed by me keep most of my money in it and transfer over as and when i need it i never keep more than a couple of hundred pounds in my main account
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2009 :  16:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a good idea Jim. I've got 2 Nationwide accounts and I transfer the money for my bills into the cash card account so there's only ever my spending and petrol money in the main account.

Go to Top of Page

joella68

United Kingdom
280 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2009 :  17:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with you guys, but this is a JJB credit card that has been opened in my name !!!

again how can this happen when im BR ???

and what ID of mine have they used to open a credit card, it was apparently done in store !!!
usually you need a debit card or another credit card to open up an account .........so im baffle :-(

Go to Top of Page

zamfir

303 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2009 :  00:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't expect a quick reply from Co-op, I've sent them two letters (as the customer service department gave conflicting information).

A month later, I received a letter through the post, answering only one of the three questions.

It's a good little account, but with Barclays now offering a Visa Debit Connect card (which doesn't allow you to go overdrawn on purchases alone) on their cash card account, I think the time is right for me to switch.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 02 February 2009 :  08:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote at the beginning of December and haven't had a reply. I tried to open a Barclays account but they wouldn't let me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page