Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Credit Report

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DeeperDown Posted - 18 July 2008 : 20:22:09
Has anyone here ever recieved one of the £2 credit reports from Experian? I ask because there seems to be some disagreement about what information it contains.

Specifically I need to know if it contains how much you actually owe each of your creditors - a monetary value. Or does it just list all your creditors and the status of your debt? Defaults and so on.

DD
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pleasehelpme22 Posted - 23 July 2008 : 17:41:26
I know your question has been answere dbut i thought it was also worth mentioning that i use http://www.checkmyfile.com/ It is so easy to use. It does cost more but i thought it was well worth it, you can also get access to it straight away.

Hope that helps a little .

It does not however tell you how much you currently owe them but does show missed payments and your credit rating out of 1000. Also any court details against you etc
jilly51 Posted - 19 July 2008 : 21:36:56
Hi DD
Im glad the info helped u its good that we can all help each other on here,yes the posted version is exactly the same as on line,mine looked like an essay the size of it,all u have to do is send experian £2 postal order requesting your credit report and it dont take very long,i also paid £2 for my equifax credit report and that took about a wk to come,i must admit both reports were identical but it was worth a couple quid just to check.so good luck and hope this helps u

jilly51
DeeperDown Posted - 18 July 2008 : 21:26:26
Thank you so much. That was exactly what I needed to know. If someone could confirm the posted report contains exactly the same information as the online version that would be the icing on the cake.

I only wish I could do it online. I hate the waiting around to find out, but I think you need a credit or debit card in your own name and it is a long long time since I have had one of those. In fact I wouldn't want one even if I could get one, too many bad bad memories.

Your help has been invaluable jilly. I can't thank you enough.

DD
jilly51 Posted - 18 July 2008 : 21:20:33
Hi yes i do mine on line,if ur got a visa electron/mastercard u can sign up and see ur credit report on line straght away,they did do a 30 day free trial which i did and if u want to cancel it befor the trial ends u can and u wont pay any thing,your report states every thing ur creditors and how much u owe and when u defaulted,credit searches from creditors,ccjs / bankruptcty /any linked address(address that u mite have obtained credit from)alias names u may have used,to be honest ur whole life history,mines not very exciting all mines says defaults and date of bankrupcty,they also email u a alert if theirs any changes to ur report,i like having mine on line and i can log in as many times as i like,but if u dont wanna do it on line its deff worth £2 to have it sent to ur,hope that helps u

jilly51

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page