Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Credit Report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeeperDown

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2008 :  20:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here ever recieved one of the £2 credit reports from Experian? I ask because there seems to be some disagreement about what information it contains.

Specifically I need to know if it contains how much you actually owe each of your creditors - a monetary value. Or does it just list all your creditors and the status of your debt? Defaults and so on.

DD

jilly51

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2008 :  21:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi yes i do mine on line,if ur got a visa electron/mastercard u can sign up and see ur credit report on line straght away,they did do a 30 day free trial which i did and if u want to cancel it befor the trial ends u can and u wont pay any thing,your report states every thing ur creditors and how much u owe and when u defaulted,credit searches from creditors,ccjs / bankruptcty /any linked address(address that u mite have obtained credit from)alias names u may have used,to be honest ur whole life history,mines not very exciting all mines says defaults and date of bankrupcty,they also email u a alert if theirs any changes to ur report,i like having mine on line and i can log in as many times as i like,but if u dont wanna do it on line its deff worth £2 to have it sent to ur,hope that helps u

jilly51
Go to Top of Page

DeeperDown

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2008 :  21:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. That was exactly what I needed to know. If someone could confirm the posted report contains exactly the same information as the online version that would be the icing on the cake.

I only wish I could do it online. I hate the waiting around to find out, but I think you need a credit or debit card in your own name and it is a long long time since I have had one of those. In fact I wouldn't want one even if I could get one, too many bad bad memories.

Your help has been invaluable jilly. I can't thank you enough.

DD
Go to Top of Page

jilly51

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2008 :  21:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DD
Im glad the info helped u its good that we can all help each other on here,yes the posted version is exactly the same as on line,mine looked like an essay the size of it,all u have to do is send experian £2 postal order requesting your credit report and it dont take very long,i also paid £2 for my equifax credit report and that took about a wk to come,i must admit both reports were identical but it was worth a couple quid just to check.so good luck and hope this helps u

jilly51
Go to Top of Page

pleasehelpme22

222 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2008 :  17:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know your question has been answere dbut i thought it was also worth mentioning that i use http://www.checkmyfile.com/ It is so easy to use. It does cost more but i thought it was well worth it, you can also get access to it straight away.

Hope that helps a little .

It does not however tell you how much you currently owe them but does show missed payments and your credit rating out of 1000. Also any court details against you etc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page