Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Remortgage Time - To Bluff or not ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
harryboy Posted - 28 September 2012 : 16:09:47
I was discharged earlier this year, allowed to keep my house as in negative equity etc. My issue is, im coming to the end of my fixed term mortgage and i need/want to reduce my interest rate as still high. My lender has stated that unless house has a better LTV currently 116% in their eyes ! I will not be considered for a better rate. I have asked for a valuation to be carried out but i dont think this will help, judging by the valuer who came out (Mr Personality).
Now do i call the lenders bluff and tell them unless i get better rate they can have the house as i cant afford it and they lose out financially. Or will they just laugh at me and say so what ? Im already bankrupt so things cant get any worse for me. I could actually rent a property like mine for 400 less than my mortgage anyway, although i do still want to remain a home owner. Am i wasting my time ? Is it just a case of tough s**t im in this mess and nothing can be done ?

Any advice would be great, even if its to tell me my idea is crazy ?

Cheers in advance.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Niobe Posted - 07 October 2012 : 12:13:51
I can't see them giving you a better rate and I certainly wouldn't try and call their bluff.
RHB Posted - 07 October 2012 : 11:25:05
Personally I think if I were the bank I would think, he had trouble with finances hence he went BR & now he says he can't afford repayments & maybe look to cut my losses. Up to you but not sure that the bank would be bothered in all honesty.
harryboy Posted - 01 October 2012 : 19:28:40
Im certainly sticking with owning a home. I just wanted to call their bluff and tell them they can have the house, to see if they would give me a better rate.

Ill give him a call to see what he can do.

Cheers
Viki.W Posted - 01 October 2012 : 18:12:39
As Niobe has said, speak to Ryan for some advice. I think you have to be discharged for 3 years for him to be able to find a deal for you though, although this may have changed.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
xmas baby Posted - 01 October 2012 : 15:52:25
To be honest I would try and stick with the mortgage rather than renting. I would much rather be paying my own mortgage than somebody else's. I have been renting for the past 25 years and I hate to think how many tens of thousands of pounds I have paid and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

xmas baby
Niobe Posted - 28 September 2012 : 16:18:25
Hi,

I don't think you will get a better rate to be honest.

You can always ring our resident mortgage expert Ryan (details under the expert link or under the members link) and get some free advice from him.

bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page