Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Remortgage Time - To Bluff or not ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harryboy
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2012 :  16:09:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was discharged earlier this year, allowed to keep my house as in negative equity etc. My issue is, im coming to the end of my fixed term mortgage and i need/want to reduce my interest rate as still high. My lender has stated that unless house has a better LTV currently 116% in their eyes ! I will not be considered for a better rate. I have asked for a valuation to be carried out but i dont think this will help, judging by the valuer who came out (Mr Personality).
Now do i call the lenders bluff and tell them unless i get better rate they can have the house as i cant afford it and they lose out financially. Or will they just laugh at me and say so what ? Im already bankrupt so things cant get any worse for me. I could actually rent a property like mine for 400 less than my mortgage anyway, although i do still want to remain a home owner. Am i wasting my time ? Is it just a case of tough s**t im in this mess and nothing can be done ?

Any advice would be great, even if its to tell me my idea is crazy ?

Cheers in advance.

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2012 :  16:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I don't think you will get a better rate to be honest.

You can always ring our resident mortgage expert Ryan (details under the expert link or under the members link) and get some free advice from him.
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2012 :  15:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest I would try and stick with the mortgage rather than renting. I would much rather be paying my own mortgage than somebody else's. I have been renting for the past 25 years and I hate to think how many tens of thousands of pounds I have paid and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2012 :  18:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Niobe has said, speak to Ryan for some advice. I think you have to be discharged for 3 years for him to be able to find a deal for you though, although this may have changed.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

harryboy
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2012 :  19:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im certainly sticking with owning a home. I just wanted to call their bluff and tell them they can have the house, to see if they would give me a better rate.

Ill give him a call to see what he can do.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2012 :  11:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I think if I were the bank I would think, he had trouble with finances hence he went BR & now he says he can't afford repayments & maybe look to cut my losses. Up to you but not sure that the bank would be bothered in all honesty.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2012 :  12:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't see them giving you a better rate and I certainly wouldn't try and call their bluff.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page