Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Hello, I declared bankruptcy in early june 09
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark.64
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  14:17:11  Show Profile  Visit mark.64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, I declared bankruptcy in early june 09, I received a letter from the OR in nov 09 saying that he had finished looking into my affairs and was applying to the sec of state for release as trustee, I have not heard anything since and have not received early dicharge, I have been umemployed since the bankruptcy began and now that my OR has finished looking into my affairs do I still need to inform him if I find employment and would i likely get an ipa if i start work before my discharge even though he has applied to be released as trustee

Housing

United Kingdom
1399 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  14:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

My understanding is that up to the point of discharge you must inform the OR of a change of income (i.e. that in your case, you find employment). He can then assess whether a IPA is appropriate.

If you have been discharged and have the confirmation thereto, then you do not need to tell the OR.

If I have got in a bit upside down, then someone wil correct me!

Good luck with you search for employment in the meantime and I do, of course hope that you get RD. But remember ED is a bonus and NOT a right.

Regards, Richard

"Life is generally something that happens elsewhere" (Alan Bennett - author and hero of mine!!)
Go to Top of Page

gettingoutofdebt
forum expert

2418 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  15:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will take 6-8 weeks or so for any ED to come through and maybe a bit longer with the Xmas/New Year holidays. If you received the letter in Nov then it is probably only just 8 weeks since then so keep checking the Register.

As Housing has said you will need to inform the OR of any changes in circumstances until you are discharged be that an ED or AD.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  15:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Housing. If you find a job you will need to let the OR know up until you are discharged.

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/

30 IPA payments made, 6 to go - the end is in sight!
Go to Top of Page

mark.64
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  15:27:23  Show Profile  Visit mark.64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello again, Thanks for your prompt replies, I understand that early discharge is a bonus, But do you think that the letter I received in early Nov indicates that this might happen ?

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2010 :  15:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi mark

the only absolute answer is the information held on insolvency web site.

the OR can and will change their mind, until it is written in front of you I would not try to second guess them or chase to get an answer.

try this link

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/IIRMasterPage.asp

put your own details in and see if any update

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page