Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I have been cleaning up my credit file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darrenp746
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2010 :  14:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been cleaning up my credit file as per the advice and links on this site as i was discharged on 21/10/09, think have nearly done it now. One complication has turned up which i am not sure how to deal with as follows :

I had a few buy to let mortgages which i entered as both secured loans and as unsecured so that any shortfall would be covered by the bankruptcy. Most mortgage companies repossessed the properties and have dealt with any shortfall within the bankruptcy but North Yorkshire Mortgages have not repossessed they have put the property with a receiver of rent and they say they wont show it as defaulted until they repossess the property, so i cant ask them to show a default date of when i was made bankrupt and cant show as satisfied. This means they keep updating the payment history on the account as being behind as not being paid and the balance. If they dont repossess this will just sit on my credit file. How can i get the entry on the credit file altered in some way so it will come off same time as the other debts on my file. Can I say as i have no obligation for the mortgage as on bankrutcy petition i want the credit file updated in some way showing this as satisfied or part satisfied in some way. I am worried that this will just sit on my credit file otherwise, as they may not want to repossess and resell for years. Your thoughts and advice greatly appreciated, darren

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2010 :  19:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi darren

this is happening a lot as the banks are property banking the tenanted properties.

the debt will be covered in bankruptcy but I do not believe that you will be able to have it removed from credit file

Unless you write to experian or Equifax and ask for a notice of dissassociation from the debt from the date of discharge. You can lodge your issue with Equifax it is posted on your credit file for i believe 6 months as a dispute. think that they even try to resolve the dispute

be interested to know how you get on

regards Richard

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page