Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 End of IVA?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2010 :  15:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ..I`ve been on an IVA for just about a year...then a creditor from the past appeared and the IVA was increased another year. Any more would increase my payments...so I`m thinking of Bankrupcy as this would give me a target date that ends the debts. So I would be grateful for any advice.

Edited by - moodybluetwo on 04 April 2010 19:12:16

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2010 :  18:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what sort of advice would you like, we cant really tell you whether you should do it or not as that is a decision you have to make.

What we can do is if you give a specific question such as what will happen to my house it is worth this much and has these charges then we can give you a likely answer
Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2010 :  19:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok..will all debts...disclosed or not be cleared by Br? I have some in the past that I cannot remember?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2010 :  21:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The answer is mostly yes. All debts whether disclosed or not will be cleared except CSA, Student Loans or court fines. Also any debt incured through fraud would not be written off. The OR will expect you to do all you can to present an accurate picture (ie such as getting your credit reports to see if there are any debts you have missed) but you will not get into trouble if something is accidently missed only if you deliberetly missed a debt off
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2010 :  22:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will have to let your IVA fail by missing three payments, which would allow you to get together your fees, which have just gone up to £600.

Bear in mind that your credit record will be shot for a further six years from the date of BR and you will very likely have to pay an IPA for three years.

Do you have any assets which might be affected by bankruptcy, such as a house with equity or a car worth over about £2k?

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2010 :  10:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so far for your help. This is my situation so far as I see it..My IVA has been running for a year...but other creditors have come along...as I said there could be many more so its still running 5 more years. I rent my property and my car is a 10 year old Peugeot. I am engaged but cannot get married until all this is sorted..my fiancée owns her house so I don't want to get her involved. It looks like I may have to cut my hours of work down soon due to health problems but that depends on how much I will have to pay...I may not be able too! I was happy with the IVA at first..seemed OK and fair..but 6 years and ever increasing payments doesn't seem so good.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2010 :  12:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you living with your fiance and if so for how long, any contributions to her household etc
Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2010 :  13:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No..we do not live together. I have my own rented house and pay all expenses myself and thats the way it will be untill the debts are sorted.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2010 :  19:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Moodyblue two

It seems that you have done your researchand becoming BR is appropriate in your circumstances

give one of the experts to the left a call they may be able to just run through your circumstances and once they have established all the facts they may be able to offer some guidance or help.

good luck with the pending marriage

regards Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page