Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 OR Interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew.h

202 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  16:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, So i have declared myself BR. I have my telephone interview on Monday. Is there anything unexpected that they might ask? Is it a stressful experience?

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  20:33:58  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew,

The telephone interviews are normally conducted by B3 examiners which are the lowest grade examiner at the OR's office. The whole thing should only last about 20 minutes.

They'll ask you for your "story" ie the chain of events that led to your bankruptcy. They'll also ask what you used the credit for (having a copy of your SOA in front of you is very useful at this point). In addition, they'll take a look at your income and expenditure to see if there's any disposable income they can get an IPO/IPA with. Finally, they'll ask about any assets (property and vehicles). Don't worry, there's every chance they'll be as nervous as you!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tess121068

211 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  20:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julian

I had my interview last Weds. The Examiner asked me to pinpoint one thing that led to my debts but I couldn't think of one I basically lived beyond my means. She also said that because I sed my cards the month before I went BR that I had taken on credit when I knew I couldn't pay it back. I did this on the advise of a friend who had declared herself BR last year, she told me to exhaust all my credit. In your opinion does this look bad and long will it be before I know if they are investigating further, do you know what they will then investigate.

Tess
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  20:41:11  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tess,

Everyone always exhausts all available credit before going BR, so you haven't done anything the OR hasn't seen many times before. As long as you've made at least one or two payments back, you'll be fine.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

tess121068

211 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  20:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julian

I think I will stop worrying now and try to just enjoy my debt free new start which is why I did this in the first place.

How long is it since your BR and have you ever regretted it.

Tess
Go to Top of Page

andrew.h

202 Posts

Posted - 07 June 2008 :  21:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you Tess, looking forward to being able to move on with my life. And looking forward to not receiving phone calls every 3 months asking if i can increase my payments, definately do not need that stress anymore!!!
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08 June 2008 :  12:32:02  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tess,

I was discharged last October and have never looked back. OK, so I won't get another mortgage for 18-24 months, but with the current property market, I think anyone who is buying now needs their head examined so I have no regrets :)

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page