Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Help please:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mentalmac
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2011 :  13:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My partner is looking at going bankrupt as she has been a single working mother for the last 7 years and was unfortunately left out of pocket by her freeloading ex a few years back and has only been able to work school hours etc...

She has just been made redundant and is 18 weeks pregnant with our child. However she has credit card payments over £450 a month and a loan and simple can not afford them now.

I earn just enough money to move in and take on her rent and bills plus my own outgoings, However if she goes bankrupt, will the bankruptcy company think that she can pay off money as I have moved it? Will they take my earnings into account? I am in no way well off, I earn 21k a year and that also covers my travel.

Any help very much appreciated as she is having nervous breakdowns and crying a lot at the moment and it is not good for the ‘bump’ or her existing child.

Also, she has tried many times to speak to CAB but can never get through, what’s the best company to call instead?

Any help very much appreciated.

Chris

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2011 :  16:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that your partner is going through this. She can speak to any of the experts on here, and everyone on the forum are here for support and advice.

The OR will only be interested in her circumstances but her income and expenditure will need to include a contribution to the bills from yourself.

She will need to speak to someone to take advice and have all her options explained, keep trying the CAB or call an expert.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page