Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Or Interview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JimmyPennywise
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I have a quick question which might benefit others also.

I only had the telephone interview with the OR after the SOA, can I expect to be physically invited to sit in an interview?

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  12:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you normally have an initial interview on the phone as soon as you have declared BR and then another, more lengthy interview at a later date.

It may only be people with a business who have to physically attend but I'm not sure about that.

Buckle your seat belt Dorothy, 'cos Kansas is going bye bye.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  12:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi i dont have a business my or meeting is in person

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  12:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a certain number of interviews are face to face, even where there is no business involved, but it's nothing to worry about.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  12:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Corrina.

You mentioned on a previous posting that you didn't write anything down on your BR form. This might be why you have a face to face interview. The OR may want some clarification on a couple of things.

Maybe one of our experts could comment on this.

Try not to worry too much about your interview, hard I know, the OR isn't a monster and will just want to know about your circumstances. Be honest & be prepared and all will be ok.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2011 :  19:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi glafy i didnt write anything on anything a debt company took me to court i havent had anything to fill in until the br pack came through the post yesterday with my appointment attached to it

Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2011 :  09:28:18  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can council tax arrears be included in the bancruptcy if so does anyone know what happens because although it is me who is bancrupt and the house and all debts are in my name the council tax is in both mine and my husbands name how would it work please thanks

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2011 :  17:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Corrina

yes council tax could be included however as both of you are listed on the property the debt is jointly and severly.

which means that Hubby would be responsible for whole debt, council may negotiate payment terms

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2011 :  18:28:44  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi richard sorry for sounding a bit thick hubby doesnt work gets no benefits either because i work full time i have an attachment of earnings for the council tax arrears so what would happen to that ? many thanks corrina

Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2011 :  17:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good point i do not know that answer.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2011 :  00:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Corrina,
The attachment of earnings order is an order of the court, so payments should continue until the order is discharged or varied. If neccessary the trustee could seek an IPO in respect of the attachment of earnings, drawing the courts attention to the order, the court could then if it thinks fit vary or discharge the attachment of earnings, to secure those payments under an IPO. If the IPO was granted, then the trustee could claim back from the council any payments made since the date of the order.

In all liklihood as your hubby is jointly and severably liable, the council could then pursue him instead.

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

Sarah.12

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 20 February 2011 :  15:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had an AOE with council tax when I went BR in Dec, that was then stopped from January's pay onwards :)

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2011 :  19:38:38  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi all update from me i have or meeting in morning face to face 9.30 dont think i am going to sleep well tonight i am so nervous i cant even sit still now never mind when i go to bed i cant wait till its over i always thought i was fearless of everything but this ! its scary

Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2011 :  19:48:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chin up Corrina. I'm sure you will be fine. Just be honest & open and take your time.
It will be a stressful night for you, I remember I didn't sleep either. I'm glad your interview is first thing in the morning so that you don't have to wait all day.
Do you have far to travel to the OR's office?

Good Luck, we'll be waiting to read how it went.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2011 :  20:02:10  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi glafy just a bus ride away about 20 mins thanks

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2011 :  20:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page