Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Benificial interest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2011 :  18:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.
I am after a little bit of advice.
After going backwards and forwards with the OR, we were able to make an offer of 5000 for our BI (valued as 12K) On the 22 Feb we received notification that this offer was not acceptable. The final date of the 28th Feb came and on the 1st March we received papers to ask permission for a charge of 6600 (the BI after sale costs had been deducted) we were releived that they were not going to force a sale and signed to accept the charge. We posted the letter off a few hours ago. However, I have just gone onto my e mails and found that the OR had contacted on the 28th Feb letting us know that they had reconsidered and was our 5000 offer still available!!!!

My husband and I now have a decision to make. The 5000 was a combination of very hard saving and an offer from a family member for the remaining 2500. We have since told the family member that we dont need the cash and have booked our car in for an overdue service and head gasket change (being paid from our savings). We had accepted that the charge was happening.

What implications does the charge hold other than when we sell the house they need to be paid? (+8% pa)

Are we expected to go to court for the charge or is it paperwork?

If we decide to go ahead with the charge, can we pay it off early (when we manage to save the rest ourselves)?
Thanks for any advice.

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2011 :  16:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What could you get together? If it is round the 4000 mark might be worth offering that & explain that some of the money has already had to be used.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page