Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Meeting with OR Weds 2-3 HOURS + ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  20:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I have a face to face meeting with the OR on Wednesday at 10am and have just received the confirmation letter - it states "Interviews normally take 2-3 hours to complete but, depending on the nature of your case, your inteview may take longer, so it is advisable for you not to have any other commitments on the day.
Is this normal? Reading through the forum the 'norm' is for a one-hour telephone interview.
Now I'm wondering whether to do a 'sicky' at work as I have an hours drive from the OR office to work and I'm due to start at 2:15...
Oh, and just had the ex on the phone and he has accused me of all sorts of financial deliberations (as I jointly own a property with him still). I texted him with the OR details and said that I don't want to speak to him again - just about to change my phone number. He phoned back straight away but didn't answer and haven't listened to his voicemail yet.
Is this wise?
Widge x

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  20:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes that is normal for a face to face interview, they generally do take longer, just things like booking you into a room, explaining the process, the fire regs etc etc all take time, also at a face to face they write a lot more down which you read at the end, so again more time. It probably wont take that long but they have to warn you in case it does. They never know what you are going to say or what issues might come up
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  20:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also with the ex, despite the obvious difficulties it is better in the long run to stay in cummunication if possible as you are financially linked and in the long run there may be some things you have to co-operate on
Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  22:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks debtinfo,
God about the face to face meeting with the OR. I'm ok with that and will take all the paperwork I can. And forwarn work that I may be a bit late on Weds afternoon. Hopefully they'll be ok then if I am.
As regards the ex. He emotionally blackmailed me for years to make me stay with him, he forced me into financial situations I didn't want to be in. Now I don't want any more of his threats and accusations over the phone any more. I just want to move on. I have referred him to the OR. He's keeping two houses for flip's sake and I have nothing at all. Yet he still insists on being so aggressive. Oh I'm so tired of it all, I should never have told him about the BR. He tells lies. Lots of them. I can do without all of this. I am very angry and upset :(
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  22:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Widge, Im so sorry you getting so much grief from your ex. Gosh, this is all you need at this time. As if it isnt hard enough as it is. I dont blame you for referring him to the OR. You dont have to listen to him if he cant be reasonable. Get that number changed hun.

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  23:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well in those circumstances, staying in contact is unlikely to obtain a better result anyway so best to leave it just to the OR
Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2011 :  23:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your understanding Crazee. Will be getting my number changed asap. Widge x
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  05:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Crazeee...get that number changed, it will definately help. He is the last thing you need at the moment.
You have done so well in getting away from such a controlling relationship and you are not allowing him to run your life any more, well done to you.
Keep us posted so that we can support you through this & Good Luck with Wednesday.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  18:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to say good luck for tomorrow Widge.

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  19:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck from me as well.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  20:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Widge x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  20:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding my Good Luck message too!.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

choccie lab
Starting Member

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  21:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Widge xx
Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  22:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your support!
I think I have all the paperwork I need for my interview tomorrow - I've now got to work out how to carry it all to their office!
I changed my mobile number today and feel a burden has been lifted and take pleasure in knowing that the ex will be fretting BIG TIME.
Oh well, early start tomorrow. I phoned the OR this morning as I was concerned about the length of time they allowed for the interview. They assured me that 2 hours is normal and it would very rarely last 3, and even if it did I could drive back in time to start work on time.
I can't wait to get this major milestone over with.
I'll let you all know how it went.
Widge x
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  07:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done for being so organised Widge & for taking control.

Another few steps forward!

Good Luck. We will be waiting for your report!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Widge

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  12:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just back from OR interview. Yes it lasted 2 hours. Had to sign an 8 page statement under s291 of the Insolvency Act 1986. They're calling a meeting of creditors and will refer to an insolvency practitioner. It looks like they'll be overturning the consent order re: divorce settlement and going after my ex for my fair equity in the jointly owned property. Oh dear, he's going to get REALLY angry now and I must take some advice from my Police friend because am in fear of him coming after me. Yikes!
Widge x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page