Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 housing
 Council are a joke homeless tomorrow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madness12

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  20:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we are up the creek without a paddle...we have no home from Thursday the council will not help us...we do have a daughter but she only lives with us part time...i lose my job from the 31st March..we are what the council say not a priority...They have said...do we have kids...yes but only lives with us at the weekends and holidays.. but we will only have 1 income from the 31st march..do you have health issues no...then your not a priority...daily we are being turned down by estate agents so we can not rent a property...we even offered to pay rent in-advance...NO..Has anyone come across this? how do we get housed...or do we live on the streets now until we retire...please someone....help

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  21:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry madness, what an awful situation for you. I really don't know what to suggest as I know very little about housing issues, but I'm hoping that Housing will pick up on this and be able to advise you x

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2011 :  21:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear this as well madness. Have you spoken to Shelter at all to see if they can help in the short term?

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  07:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is such an awful situation for you. It seems ridiculous that your local council refuse to help. I really don't know what your next step could be & I do hope that one of the experts can help you asap.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  11:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your stressful situation. I do agree the council's attitude is ridiculous with regards to whether you have children. The need for housing remains whether you have children or not. I am in the same position really, but I am paying an extortionate amount for a council flat rented through a private landlord in a rough area. I can understand why young people end up having loads of children just to get a flat.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  18:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is mental and an absolute example of just what is wrong with this country. I am so so sorry for your plight Madness. Have you tried speaking to your MP to see if they can get involved in any way at all. You will be homeless on Thurday and the council have a duty to find you adequate housing (all be it interim housing) if you are considered homeless. How can they say you arent homeless. Can you try for an extension through the court to stay where you are for a bit. Is there nobody you can ask to be a guarantor for you? Please let us know how things turn out for you on thursday.

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

emm
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  19:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth heres my twopennyworth, I would not be going anywhere on Thursday, I would stay there and claim squatters rights until someone helped me.
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOOOOh another slant on it Emm you rebel you!!

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  20:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked my OH for advice and he said if it was us he would go to the council offices and refuse to leave until they do something.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Crazee67

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  22:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trace, I agree with your OH. I think I may have even mentioned it before. I have seen this happen with my own eyes...and it worked. It works especially well if you turn up at 4.45 on a Friday, Ive never seen so much commotion. Its still a sad truth that those who shout loudest etc.

Mine's a double
Go to Top of Page

choccie lab
Starting Member

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  23:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I can't offer any advice,just wanted to say I hope you get something sorted

Jane x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page