Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 I am still so paranoid...is it normal??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  14:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all again.

So, my case is with the RTLU as OR has sent off for early discharge request(about 3 weeks ago) and I've been BR now for nearly 9 Mnths.(no assets but NIL tax code)........

I still have a near coronary whenever I hear cars outside my home and might just faint or throw up in fear if the door bell goes off............I normally 'start' to 'relax' after about 8PM as I'd hope by then no one will turn up....silly I know!!Sorry.
(Im talking about debt coll or sim etc)

By this stage, am I worrying completely un-necessary.....

Wondered if anyone's felt the same or have any views

Thank you all:)

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  15:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI MW

yes.. my wife took about 3 - 4 months to not have to keep looking out ot the window for the debt collectors van.

if it helps keep a copy of the bankruptcy order / discharge notice by the door, any one comez a knocking at the door give them a copy and say byeeee.

How many callers have you had in the last 9 months ?

as long as you have been upfront with OR and petition you do not have any worries.

try to relax or you will make yourself ill.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2011 :  15:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard and thanks for your reply

I havent actually had anyone calling at the door, only one person BEFORE actually going BR...and that was months and months of not paying.
.....So 9mnths of BR and no-one at the door...phew....

Its just so hard to NOT worry when Im almost so used to it, and I am probably a 'weaker'person anyways.

Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2011 :  08:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most worried

As they say (don't actually know who 'they' are!!) 'old habits die hard'

I think some of us (me included) are worriers no matter what!
I am certain that things will get better for you and there is no point starting to worry about when that will be! LOL

Good advice from Richard re keeping a copy of paperwork by the door. Think I shall put one in my handbag, my coat pocket, drawer at work, in the car & attach one to the dog!!!

Don't forget we all cope with problems in different ways so it certainly doesn't mean that you are a 'weaker' person.......maybe just sensitive!

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2011 :  12:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and thanks so much for your replies.

I really am a natural 'worry-er' and probably wount be able to finally 'relax' until this is all over.

Does anyone know how long the RTLU hang on to a case or what they do with no asset-cases/nil tax code cases?
It seems little difference between what the OR does to what's next really....?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2011 :  13:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are all part of the insolvency service it is just like when you phone a bank and they pass you to a different department, they simply see out the case and tie up the lose ends, some cases are short some are long
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  12:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi m w
i am the same worried all the time fed up with keeping windows locked and forever looking out of the window to see who is coming up the path its only now because of my mother im paying the fees for the bankruptcy my husband is selling our car to do it :0(
I dont know about you but the only time i relax is after 9pm when i know noone can call at the door but what a way to live eh .
all this mess started when we decided to better ourselves by buying our own business then taking family on as partners that didnt work out .
selling the business at a loss paying all the fees ended up with us being left out of pocket then to add to it my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer the last for years for myself and my family have dafinatly been trying at times im hopeing now things are going to change put it this way things cant get any worse oooooor can they id best not speak to soon .
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  12:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry about my spelling i am slightly dyslexic and stressed x
Go to Top of Page

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  13:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi fattypatty

Thanks for your post.

So sorry to hear about your worrying too. Believe me, I know excactly how you feel.
I too spend the evenings from when I get home from work to about 8PM in a complete state of anxiety. Every car door or footstep outside is magnified ten times and I only hope for the later evening to arrive so I can start to relax slightly.
No doubt: this IS making me very Ill and I wonder how much longer I can cope...even though Im at the last stages of the BR.

As previous posts say there are natural worriers and I fully know I am part of those people.
I literally dream of the day I check the ins register and see I am discharged...I dont know anymore how Ill react...prob abit deflated but at the same time extatic and Ill definatly have tears of joy as this means so very much to me!!

I wish you all the best and hope you do get sorted. Please keep posting and remember this forum is here to help us all. I couldnt survive without this forum thats for sure!!!!

Stay in touch

Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2011 :  13:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh thank you so much for replying i had tears in my eyes reading your reply i can relate to all that you have said and really feel for you x
until anyone has to go through the stress and worry that bankruptcy can bring then they dont really realise how it affects you mentally and physically im living in a bubble at the minute just like you checking doors, checking windows, closing curtains who'd have thought it would have come to this, but my friend i thank you for your support and also for this site its aanswered alot of questions and its so good to know im not alone i will keep in touch .
big hugs x x
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2011 :  17:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i went to the court yesterday and paid my fee for bankruptcy and had the paperwork checked over and i really dont know why i worried about it i suppose its because its going into the unknown but i need not have worried .
on entering the court house you have your bag checked and have to walk under a sensor then you wait until your appnt is called .
i was in there for around 15 mins whilst the clerk explained everything to me and went over my paper work then i paid my fee it was then photo copied and stamped and i was free to go .
just my luck to walk into the court house and know one of the guards on the door but i held my head high as i have nothing to feel embarassed about i think ive suffered enough over the last 4 years to not worry about being seen .
any way whilst at work today i recieved a telephone call from the courts to go over my paper work and tell me to expect a letter through the post to tell me that my interview will be in 2 weeks time im not worried about this i now feel like a great weight has been lifted time to start again and move on with my life i will keep posting and will let you know how my interview goes x
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2011 :  17:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Fatty Patty

congratulations and welcome to a debt free future.

which court was this ? .

Richard

Good Luck Richard,
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2011 :  21:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations & Well Done for being so positive,

The interview will be fine.

Keep in touch

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2011 :  21:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi richard the court was boston in lincolnshire .
thanks for the replys i will keep posting and let all know how the interview goes.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2011 :  09:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad it went really well. Please keep posting.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2011 :  14:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interviews this thursday morning im not too nervous as long as im prepared ive got notes stuck to my br forms on every page so i think im sorted .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page