Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Just some advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clive26
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2011 :  23:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just before xmas i was made bankrupt.. And i thought excellant fresh start etc :D

But the other day i recieved a letter through the post from my officail receiver asking for my up to date income and expenditure to be filled in and sent back to them so i could perhaps finished my bankruptcy early or summin like that..

Soo i filled it in on the basis of my wages recently.. And i used to get £800 a month now i get £1000 i didnt want to lie and say i was getting the same payment.. So i told them i got £1000.. So i sent it back to the officail recievers office.

A couple of days later.. got a letter back telling me they are wanting to set up a payment agreement order of myself paying the £230 a month!!

But im not happy about this as i know for a fact that i wont be getting £1000 as from next month as another new chef will be joing our team and that will mean my hours will go back to how there where meaning i will be back to my basic salry of around the £800 mark again per month!

SO i have wrote back to the officail reciever telling them of this matter.. as when my wages change back again i will really struggle to make these payments.. :(

Im at this present time waiting for a reply..

I was just wondering do i have to make these payment or not? As i thought once you are delared bankrupt that was it.. no more payment had to be made??

Any advice would be really helpfull..

Thanks from Clive :D

ps i suggested maybe i paid even less amount to make it easier in my letter.. I dont really want any trouble over it.. just dont want to be struggling to live.. :(

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2011 :  08:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Clive,

If you have disposable income over £20 once your priority bills have been paid then you will have an income payment agreement for three years.

I would phone them to make sure they have received your letter and then explain that your wages will be dropping again so you won't be able to afford this payment. They should revise the amount you have to pay.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page