Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Tax Codes for 2011/2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carl

115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  13:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all

Just a warning for anyone who had a NT IPA for tax years 2010-2011 like I did. Please ensure you contact the Inland Revenue to get your new tax code issued for 2011-2012. I presumed it was automatically done but when I telephoned them yesterday the lady I spoke to said that it isn’t and it can some times take up to 6months before they catch up with you.

This will mean that you will have a tax underpayment until your Tax Code is changed. This means that you will owe them money for the remainder of the tax year which will mean you will receive less wage when they catch up with you!!

Be warned!!!

Hope everyone is well??

Carl

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  13:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there and many thanks for your info,

I'm on a NT and as far as I know it's due to end now, March 2011.
Could you please expand a little on what I need to do now and maybe what number you rang etc.

(sorry to sound a bit dim, but I've never done this part before and like you, I sort of assumed Moon B informed the IR that I should from April go back to normal tax code...)

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  13:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good advice from Carl They can't even get standard tax codes right (they sent me 7 in 2 months last year!) so people really do need to keep on top of them.

Most Worried, you will need to contact your tax office about this as different areas are covered by different tax offices. If you haven't got the number your payroll department will be able to help.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

carl

115 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  15:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Most Worried

I received a letter from the Inland Revenue a few months ago who told me that they had told my employer to input a NT code for the remainder of 2011-2012. I just contacted the number on the letter they sent - be warned I was on hold for 25mins before speaking to someone and it was a 0854 telephone number so do not ring from a mobile telephone!!

The lady asked if I knew what me earnings would be approximately for 2011/2012 and she issued me the new Tax Code for 2011/2012 there and then. I believe I will receive a copy through the post as will my employer.

good luck

Carl
Go to Top of Page

nepensioner
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  16:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is now a standard enquiry no 0845 300 0627. There are no longer individual numbers for each tax office. On this number you will get the next advisor that is available no matter where they are and they will be able to deal with changing your code. Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2011 :  17:02:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I would say is to try checking the number on Saynoto0870, there are geographic numbers on there.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Most worried

77 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  11:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and thanks to everyone for help on this one.

I have been religiously transferring money to Moon B and I seem to remember my NT tax code was until March.
So from next payday end April my tax code should revert to normal as my earnings havent changed since BR.

Should I sit still and wait til next payday or should I call now to make sure NT tax code will be stopped...??
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2011 :  13:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could give them a ring just to put your mind at rest although I imagine it should revert back.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2011 :  14:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd give them a call just to remind them as in my experience the tax office aren't exactly proactive!

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page