Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 bailiffs
 bailiffs and knocks at the door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2011 :  20:14:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no jan no ipa as i have no extra income to pay one back i only just have enough money to pay bills rent and for food thank god as that would have been the icing on the cake x
Go to Top of Page

Bigal4787
forum expert

United Kingdom
641 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2011 :  00:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
here is what may be a useful guide to bailiffs and debt collectors.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/DebtsAndArrears/DG_10034289

As previous posts stated,bailiffs can force entry in relation to unpaid magistrates court fines(which can't be included in bankruptcy) but is a last resort.

Bailiffs can also break into your home in relation to HMRC debts, but only with a magistrates warrant, again a last resort and very rare.

Additionally a bailiff pushing past you, or putting a foot in the door to stop you closing the door would be classed as forced entry and make the whole process illegal.

Hope this helps

Big Al
Insolvency examiner with the Insolvency service from April 2008 - July 2010.

If you need help completing SOA's(statement of affairs) or PIQ's(preliminary information questionnaire) if you've been declared bankrupt, or anything else and you're within 30 miles or so of Warrington, then please contact me via my contact details in the expert page for futher details"
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2011 :  15:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry for taking so long to answer no i wont be getting an ipa as i have no spare cash to give .
my husband is going for his br friday i thinks hes more nervous than i was ive tried to reasure him but i suppose its a feeling of going into the unknown .
3 letters arrived this am from rossendales ive contacted this company twise to tell them i was declared br in march and also shown 2 colleagues of theres my br letter with the courts stamp on it and my tennancy agreement proving nothing in the property was ours ive also just wrote to them to tell them all this and aenclesd the docuements im hopeing all this will stop once my husband has filed for his br friday as i shall send them the br letter to prove then that we are both bankrupt and got no bloomin money to give to them .
this company has far out been the worse and caused my family alot of upset banging on my doors worrying my little boy im glad its coming to a head but its taken some years to get to this stage .
im just hoping rossendales will then leave us alone
Go to Top of Page

fattypatty

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2011 :  15:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
by the way sorry for any spelling mistakes im abit dyslexic and a crap speller lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page