Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 if i got an notice of distress liabillity order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

welshaly

79 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2011 :  22:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i got an notice of distress liabillity order but i didnt not signed as i wasnt at home can i put it in my br and have i got to give them my email

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2011 :  22:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi just to let you know we actually have a walking possession agreement against some of our stuff, we went bankrupt last friday...and included it. dont quite know what will happen yet but if we have to pay it ive been told that i will be able to add it to the expenditure so i guess i wont be losing out...hope thats the case...
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  10:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont worry theres lots of people in the same boat aly
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  12:31:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you managed to get something sorted welshaly.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

welshaly

79 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  18:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what a waist of time cab took all my papurs and they couldnt look at them as no one was there that deals with br forms dont know what to do
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  18:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They must have said when they can look at them - the CAB would not have just left you in limbo like that.

If you are not happy you can always get a free consultation from a local solicitor.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

welshaly

79 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  20:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the person who looks at them is on holidays for 3 weeks as they are voluntears i said when i made the appointment that it was for someone to look at my br forms tried a solisitor they wanted 50pound for half hour
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  20:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can find a local solicitor who can look at things for you with a free 1/2 hour consultation.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

welshaly

79 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they do give advice for free for half hour but if i wanted them to look at my br forms they wanted 50 pound to look at them
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aly are you having trouble just filling in the forms? or one thing in particular? heres a link to a CAB site that shows an example of a filled in statement of affairs...
http://www.ned-cab.org.uk/debtselfhelp/bankruptcy_628_1.asp
also on the site is an example to help you fill in the actual petition (but its out of date as the form 6.27 cahnged last week! but quite similar)...but like i say the court staff on the day would probably help or let you know if youve made a mistake...which could be easily fixed. the bankruptcy clerk we had was so helpful i couldnt believe it..pity enforcement companies and bailiffs cant take a leaf out of their book!! :-) i am sure one of the experts can help you out with the expenditure bit...
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did my expenditure with things i found on the net, mainly in forums and from the insolvency site god its bewildering...those forms are confusing to say the least...good luck aly ive yet to have my interview but i think im goin to get a fairly large IPA due to some benefits that are more than average due to our son as hes autistic...i dont earn great wages either £230 net a week...just dont know what to expect re the IPA...makes me wish i was on the dole as i hate my job anyway!!
Go to Top of Page

welshaly

79 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks rich im just scared ill fill it in wrong as for rossandales found some thing out about them its not valid if i havent signed it so that was something
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh thats cool its a big grey area re those things...have you got a date for your bankruptcy?
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  21:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as for filling in the forms wrong, did u check out that link i posted above? thats really how i did mine...once you can see what they put it made it easier for me to fill in the form...if i can help with any of them i will, but dont forget im no expert but i will help you as far as i can :-)
Go to Top of Page

rich1972
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  22:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also i dont think you would get sent away from the court for the odd little mistake on the forms...i think they would have to be grossly wrong for them to do that, cant say that your bankruptcy clerk will be as nice and helpful as ours...but i would help someone as much as i can...people in BR are usually at the last resort and they know that too and should generally be sympathetic to you,
i could never be a bailiff...i couldnt sleep at night knowing how he'd made my wife feel...a gibbering wreck whos scared to be in the house when im not there...ive seen forum posts from people purporting to be bailiffs and they ARE in it for the money...as i found out your pretty much stitched up when it comes to council tax collection...thing is we were paying it! i can totally sympathise with u aly hope your ok
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2011 :  22:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speak to one of the experts welshaly, the details can be found on the left. At least one of them has worked for the Insolvency service and should be able to give advice offline.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page