Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

timbo62
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  10:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, with help of Paul Johns, we were made bankrupt in UK whilst living here in New Zealand. Fees state support until discharged. We are not yet discharged and we need to speak to Paul, but he is not answering any of our emails. We have since we started this process found it very difficult to contact him. We made phone calls, which he was never available to take and he not called back. We now have conflicting advise recieved from Paul and from what the OR is now telling us. Anyone else had difficulties or is it just because we are so far away..?? Out of sight out of mind...
Bankruptcy is hard enough without being dumped.'
Please help.....

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  11:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Paul no longer posts on the forum so I'm unable to assist you with that.

Is it personal or could one of the other expers help you.

The world is broken, halos fail to glisten
We try to make a difference but no one wants to listen
Hail the preachers, fake and proud
Their doctrines will be cloud
Then they'll dissipate like snowflakes in an ocean

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  11:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe if you post what the receiver has said another expert may be able to assist?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  12:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when did that happen Kallis, i hadn't noticed, how come he no longer posts
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  12:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's not posted for a while now. No idea why though.

The world is broken, halos fail to glisten
We try to make a difference but no one wants to listen
Hail the preachers, fake and proud
Their doctrines will be cloud
Then they'll dissipate like snowflakes in an ocean

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2011 :  13:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timbo, if you can post the details of your problem one of the experts will be able to advise you.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

timbo62
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  05:55:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are told no effect to us in New Zealand, we could get mortgage of 100% and no contact to employer. OR says no mortgage, and not sure if employer going to be contacted.. One of last contact with Paul was that he would write to OR and discourage employer contact. But as we said no further contact from Paul. Main question is, why does he not reply or respond to emails and phone calls. We had to take loan out over here to pay for fees, but feel not had the service.. In fact service we have received has been awful. We started this process back in September 2009 and it took until Novemeber 2010 to be made bankrupt. Several times we ould email Paul and get no response and then we would email support and now we not even getting response from them. Being made bankrupt is hard and stressful enough without having to worry about whether we have been misinformed.
What happens now we are bankrupt. The booklet we received tells you about being bankrupt in UK and Wales but not in New Zealand.
Please advise....
Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  08:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you live in New Zealand I doubt if anyone on this site could help you with the legalities of being bankrupt there……you may find it better to seek legal advice in New Zealand. If you have an issue with an adviser I would suggest that until you can contact them directly it would be better to keep your opinions of them to yourself.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  08:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no way you should have been encouraged to take more debt on, especially not for bankruptcy advice!!!

As you were made BR in England then the OR has every right to contact whoever he sees fit so yes, youm may find it hard coupled with your loan to get a 100% mortgage. Are you paying an IPA at the moment?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  08:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a bit harsh moodybluetwo, timbo is asking for help to resolve an issue.

Timbo, as Reviva are a regulated company they must have a complaints procedure. I would suggest that you try emailing and/or writing again and ask for details of this. Put a read receipt on the email so that you know it's been read.

Good luck.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  09:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate that timbo is in a difficult situation and needs help and advice. But questioning someone integrity on a public forum is in my opinion unfair.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  09:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another thought, if you can fax all details of your employment to the OR they may not need to contact your employer.
Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  09:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well. to be fair Paul was closely associated with this site Moody, which is why he has posted here & he has tried to contact him directly to no avail.
Go to Top of Page

timbo62
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  09:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the advice guys, we will try emailing and ask for complaints procedure. Finding this all very frustrating.. And Moody, when you have been ignored as much as we have on something so important, then maybe you would want to put it on a public forum to.
Go to Top of Page

moodybluetwo

156 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  10:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I would not .If I had a problem with someone I would deal with them directly and maybe after that I would post the outcome of any disputes or misunderstandings on this forum. You did ask.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2011 :  10:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moodybluetwo, it seems that Timbo has tried to contact Reviva without success and posted on the forum as Reviva used to post on here.

Other people have posted in the past regarding their BR assist companies, and there are often posts from people on the IVA forum from people who are having problem with their IP / IVA company. That's the nature of the forums.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page