Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Moving to a new town and declaring bankruptcy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  14:33:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan to move out of my flat I share with my partner and move to a different town (where due to the changed circumstances)I rent a place by myself. Would the additional expenses of this independent lifestyle mean I would have no disposable income to pay anything over to a IPA for 3 years?

The idea would be to go bankrupt soon after moving to the new town.

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  15:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We cannot tell you whether or not you will have too much disposable income for an IPA as this will depend on your income and outgoings and what expenditure the OR agrees to.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 - it's over at last!
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  15:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alina,

It depends on your income and expenditure and what, if any, surplus you have at the end of the month. If your income just covers all your essentials and you don't have any disposable income, then no, you won't get an IPA.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  15:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Tracey, typing at the same time!

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  15:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brilliant! Are you sure they won't query why I left a longterm partner? Ad there's nthing to stop us getting back togeherafter a year is there, and till manage to avoid an IPA?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  16:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, the OR won't query why you have left your partner.

There is nothing to stop you getting back together, that's for you and your partner to decide.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  19:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you saying that you are really separating or that you are just living seperatly to avod an IPA as that sort of what it sounds like in your last post - perhaps im just getting the wrong end of the stick

How far is the new town away is it still covered by the same court
Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  19:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

are you saying that you are really separating or that you are just living seperatly to avod an IPA as that sort of what it sounds like in your last post - perhaps im just getting the wrong end of the stick

How far is the new town away is it still covered by the same court

The plan would be to rent a flat in another constituent country of the UK of course therefore not in the same court's jurisdiction. The local court here wouldn't even know about my impending bankruptcy. I'd install myself in my new abode and start paying rent but otherwise continue as before, except that I would necessarily go bankrupt within a short space of time. It would be like having a second home, a place for my partner to go on holiday, and likewise I assume bankruptcy does not confer house arrest on me and prevent me from travelling back to my old home.

What does "really separating" mean anyway? If I say we are separating and we live in two diffrent addresses in two different home nations of the UK, who are you or any other "expert" to gainsay that apparent reality?

Are you "really advising" the good (and bad) people who post on this board anyway?

Or do your interests lie with the creditors?

Edited by - Alina Pietrzyk on 23 June 2011 19:52:28
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  19:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My interests as an ex examiner lie with the law and a fair and equitable execution of that law for all sides and with truth and honesty.

I presume and hope that you are not using your real name by the way
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alina, no one on this forum is going to advise you on how to avoid an IPA. No one's 'interests lie with the creditors'.

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems a bit extreme to not live with your partner & pay money for rent & council tax instead of your creditors but that's your choice.
Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by debtinfo

My interests as an ex examiner lie with the law and a fair and equitable execution of that law for all sides and with truth and honesty.

I presume and hope that you are not using your real name by the way

So how exactly is it fair it non-car-drivers get fleeced of their supposed DIsposable Income, while those who maintain a car get to keep it and get the petrol allowed? How come home-owners get to keep their property from all I have read and there is some stupid £1 buy-back system for them, but a pension (lump sum) another poster has worked for all their lives can be just taken? How truthful and honest do you want me to be?

I don't want to pay anything into an IPA. Not a single penny, and if I can do so, why do you want me to lie and say otherwise? Do you rally suppose the people who post here are eager all of them to pay ceditors, especially those who have charged them exorbitant interest rates for donkey's years?

I haven't defaulted once. Perhaps the motives of others filin for bankruptcy are more dishonest, if they pretend they want a fair solution for the companies wit hom they are in debt.

Go to Top of Page

RHB

1159 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fine, that's your feelings BUT it is an official process through the courts & you have an obligation to be honest otherwise your discharge from bankruptcy can be suspended. Those non car owners as you call them will be allowed expenses for transport to work be it train bus or taxi. The buy back for a pound only occurs when a property is in negative equity.

Bankruptcy is a last resort for those who have no other way of dealing with their debt & stays with you for life.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Non car drivers don't 'get fleeced' as you put it, they have allowances for any transport needs. Not everyone can use public transport - if I hadn't been able to keep my car I wouldn't have been able to work.

There is no longer any 'stupid £1 buy-back system' - the OR will wait 2 years and 3 months before revaluing the property.

No one wants to pay into an IPA, but no one on this forum is going to encourage anyone to lie to the OR to avoid this.

Go to Top of Page

Alina Pietrzyk
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RHB

Seems a bit extreme to not live with your partner & pay money for rent & council tax instead of your creditors but that's your choice.

Why is it extreme to have a second home? I have to pay my share of council tax and rent where I am with my partner already. If I can rent a home in a town in a beautiful part of the country where we can holiday, why should I give that idea up in order to struggle paying faceless creditors?

Even if it does appear extreme to find my own solutions, in the absence of any genuine advice, helpful to me, I thought bankruptcy was meant to be an extreme situation?

Many of the companies popping up all over the place even as I type are just waiting to grab money from me to "help" my debt situation. Their advice is appaling and inaccurate. Most of them are shamelessly pushing us folk to consider IVAs and forget bankruptcy. Don't you know that all of them - and the credt card companies - are out there to stitch us poor people up, nothing fair about their approach.

Edited by - Alina Pietrzyk on 23 June 2011 20:58:15
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2011 :  20:54:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really think you need to look into whether BR is the best solution for you as you seem determined not to follow the law and rules of BR.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page