Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 thanks for previous replies. Trying to complete paperwork
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  13:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, thats it folks, got my bankruptcy order this morning, half an hour including waiting time and the judge was really nice. Having 666 as the order no. was about par for the course mind :( It felt very odd when I came out, an odd mixture of relief, shame and not happiness exactly but something close. Just got to wait for the OR to get in touch now. I don't think I will be making them too busy selling assets somehow, not lest they count a £200 Nissan Micra with stickers of Daisies and Bees covering up the dents and scratches.(a lot of daisies and bees)Any advice of what I can expect gratefully received. Bank accounts all closed except for my new Barclays basic one that has benefits, there's a misnomer if ever there was one, paid into it. Do you think they will freeze that or let me keep it.

cheers
Janey Half Way There.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  14:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome to a deft free future

Norwich OR quite quick for call back

it is a difficult decision to petition for BR but in your circumsatnces you know it is the right thing.. congratulations on taking control of your future

Good Luck Richard,
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  14:21:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it's over and done with Janey.

Hopefully your Barclays account won't be frozen but if it the OR will tell Barclays they have no interest in it and Barclays should then 'unfreeze' it.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  14:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you both.

J
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  15:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Janey.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Please read my experience of debt via my blog at http://vikiw.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  16:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Viki
keep finding myself stopping to take deep breaths this afternoon. After 3 years of bad happenings, death, grief, redundancy and despair am beginning to realise that there will one day be an end to it. It's an amazing knowledge and if people get bored with me saying thanks to everyone here then tough, I just wish I had found this website earlier.

THANKS

Janey
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2011 :  17:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Janey, glad you're all sorted now.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  08:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the best from me Janey.
It seems a massive step doesn't it but what a relief when it's done.
Onward & Upward.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  10:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, All night I have been repeating to myself "I'm bankrupt, I am bankrupt, it's nearly over, etc but I think I am still only partly absorbing it, very odd. Oh yes, sorry Richard P, in answer to your question. I arrived at the court at 9.45, handed over £700 and swore, yes, the loss of the money and the bible bit, and by 10.15 I was standing outside clutching my bit of paper. Wicked.
Go to Top of Page

Richard P

United Kingdom
1701 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  10:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i take it that you missed out on the cuddle, tea and biscuits judge !

prob best not to say you can see him next time. I have been to him twice helping other thou !

Janey you have only recently found the forum, please stick around as you will find new posters joining in the same state as you where two weeks ago, your experiences will be relevant to them and very helpful.

Good Luck Richard,
Go to Top of Page

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  15:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, no tea no biscuits or cuddle but he was very kind and he did chuckle when I told him about the ominous 666; he also said he didn't think there was going to be a problem, devils number or otherwise which was sweet of him. Tell you what I did find out from the clerk I first saw though I don't know if it is just Norwich Court it applies to. The court states that bankruptcy cases can be seen between 9.00 and 11.00. However he leaned forward and said very quietly, "Im not supposed to tell you this but if you arrive after 11.00 and insist that we deal with it today then we have to" Hope that helps someone. The other nice thing that happened today was when I went to my post box and knew that anything nasty in there could not harm me or send me spiraling into despair so I hope the thought of that helps someone also because it's priceless. The OR called me this afternoon and I am speaking to her at 12.00 tomorrow so things are moving pretty swiftly.

Janey
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  16:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sound as though a weight has been lifted from your shoulders - much more positive.

Hope the OR interview goes ok.

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

Janey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  17:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
POSITIVE. That is exactly how I feel. I thought it would be a giant fanfare, ta daaaaaaaaaa sort of thing but it is just a pleasant relaxing of 3 years of knotted muscles and screwed up brain that is creeping over me hourly. So hard to explain without sounding ridiculous. Am slightly worried about the call tomorrow but don't know why as everything is laid out in black and white and she sounded very nice. If anyone reading this is at the begining then take heart,be brave and go for it. It's just amazing.

Janey Almost There.
xx
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  17:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's lovely to read your posts - you're doing really well and you don't sound ridiculous at all.

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Jan
xxx
Go to Top of Page

glafy
forum expert

436 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2011 :  17:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great posts Janey, we can feel you smiling in them! LOL.
They will be a HUGE comfort to those embarking upon BR.
Well done you.

"Good things come to those who wait".....I'm a patient person but this is taking the Mickey!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page