Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Success stories
 Interview with OR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blewitt1
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have recently had my interview with the Official Receiver and he has advised me that according to my expenditure sheet I have a surplus of £400 which I will have to pay back for 36 months.

But since my interview I have gone through my original expenditure sheet and have noticed that I have not added in other outgoings which add up to the £400 that he thinks is surplus.

Can I submit a new expenditure sheet with amendments as I feel that if I am forced to pay £400 each month I will be in a worse financial predicament than before I went Bankrupt.

Hope someone can offer advice.

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  15:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You don't have to sign the IPA if you don't agree with it, but you must speak to the OR asap and go through everything again.

What have you missed off?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Blewitt1
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  18:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Viki.W

Hi,

You don't have to sign the IPA if you don't agree with it, but you must speak to the OR asap and go through everything again.

What have you missed off?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Go to Top of Page

Blewitt1
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  18:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed off things like hair cuts, vets payments, prescriptions, holiday savings, childrens savings, childrens activities, childrens dinner money and travelling to school and college, payment i make for a sofa and xmas club savings and emergency money and also that my child benefit is being reduced.
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  18:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not all of those expenses will be allowed, but if you don't agree with the IPA you need to speak the the OR and ask to complete a new I & E.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  07:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Tracey has said, not all of the expenditure you have listed will be allowed, but some of the expenditure is really important so get in touch with the OR as soon as possible to discuss this.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page