Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Success stories
 Nearly 6 years and still headaches!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Biggles
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  16:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
New member here, at the end of my tether! I declared BR waaaay back in October 2006. I have recently been checking my Experian and Equifax files and have discovered I still have 3 defaults and one CCJ registered against me - all of which were included in the BR and all of which have been registered AFTER the BR date. I have spoken to two of the creditors, both of whom have basically said they're not interested in helping. I am jumping through the hoops of having the CCJ set aside but these defaults are a nightmare. How do I force the creditors to play fair and set the records straight? I'm starting to feel like the last 5 and a half years of BR have been a complete waste of time! Surely these creditors have to follow the law? How can they get away with this??
I'm terribly sorry; I'm having a bad day :)

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  17:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Yes, they do have to amend the information. If you have signed up for Experian then they will actually contact the creditors for you.

But, you can do it yourself, if you google this, lots of help guides come up.

Basically you need to write to the data controller for each creditor asking them to amend the default date and also to update to satisfied. Send it recorded and give them a month. If they don't do it, then you can go to the Information Commissioner. Again, if you google this, you can get lots of info.

Good luck, it takes time, but I'm sure you'll get it all sorted.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Biggles
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  17:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much - very helpful :)
I have signed up with Experian. So if I ring them and discuss the issues, they will assist with the headaches? Wow, that's great!
Thanks again for your help - I really needed some positive news!
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  17:54:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I signed up with Experian and they wrote to my creditors for me. If you sign up for the 30 day free trial, then you would more than likely end up having to pay for the next month as it takes time.

You can do it yourself though.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Biggles
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  18:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be okay then; I signed up for full membership as I figured I might well be using it a lot over the next few months.
I'll give Experian a ring tomorrow and see what they say. If they will write to my creditors, it will be such a load off.
Thanks again for this info - I will sleep tonight after all!
Go to Top of Page

year 2029
Average Member

590 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  18:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think skippys blog also gave quite a good bit of information on restoring her credit file.
Go to Top of Page

Biggles
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2012 :  18:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great :)
I'll check that out....
Looks like I came to the right place!
Go to Top of Page

Thumper
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  09:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vicki,

I signed up with Experian last week to begin the credit repair process and was wondering how/where Experian offer the service of contacting your lenders for you etc, I can't see anywhere on their site where this is shown?.

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  09:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called the credit expert helpline number and spoke to an advisor. This was last summertime I think. They put a notice of correction on the file and wrote to the creditors for me, they also sent me a letter stating that they had wrote to them.

I suggest you give them a call.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
Go to Top of Page

Biggles
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2012 :  10:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, progress - but not good progress!
I contacted Experian and they said they will contact the creditors. Three days later I get a letter from one of them demanding settlement. I am back to square one. The creditors seem to hold all the cards and just ignore the bankruptcy laws as far as I can see. Is it time to contact the Information Commissioner?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2012 :  11:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You need to write to the data controller for each creditor giving them 28 days to update your credit file. If they don't comply you can then report them to the ICO, but you do need to have proof you have written to the creditor so send the letters Recorded Delivery.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page