Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 Worried I will be cut off. Going into hospital for 3 weeks.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

year 2029
Average Member

590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  13:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With regards to your council tax bill, have you received reminders that the bill is due?
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  14:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides 986 is good! The perfect score is 1001. The higher the better my man! :O)

Mine was 1001 before I went BR. On my main file and my landlords score too

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  14:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James Falla

OK pcoventry

Re the car I fully understand. Its just one option of being able to keep it rather than have to sell it. It will be interesting to hear what the OR has to say about any possible compensation for your hospital stay. Hope they have a little compassion and let you keep it.

Debt solutions expert and author.
If you would like further help or guidance visit www.beatmydebt.com
Alternatively I can be contacted via e-mail: james@beatmydebt.com

Well We are challenging it anyway

The car was bought by my dad. he has the Bank statement to prove he withdrew the cash and the receipt for the car.

I had my name on the log book so I could get insurance. And as the Log book clearly states " this Document does not prove ownership I am hoping he can keep it - it is after all his car.
Go to Top of Page

year 2029
Average Member

590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  15:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope he gets to keep the car.

As my post with regards to asset disposal, I never had my name on the log book on a car, but it was deemed to be mine to give away as I proved I actually bought it.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  15:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks

Im hoping that he keeps it - it surely can't be an asset of mine if I don't own it and have never paid a penny towards it?
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  17:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pcoventry - scores on your credit record mean absolutely nothing, it's what the lenders look at that counts.

Follow through
Make your dreams come true
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright
'Cause there's no one like you in the universe

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  17:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Niobe

pcoventry - scores on your credit record mean absolutely nothing, it's what the lenders look at that counts.

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Sorry but I disagree. Im very hot on credit scoring!

It's also down to the amount of credit applied for over the last 6 month period. If you have defaults etc then you won't have a high score so I disagree a high score it through careful managing of credit. The scares range from 300-1001 the higher the better. Often a score can tell a lender what they need to know.

If you disagree that's fine. I've been monitoring my credit files for years hence why I knew where I was heading regarding BR. I am not here to challenge your knowledge and I ask you to respect mine. Because if mine is wrong then so is the working guidelines of Experian to which I have access.
Go to Top of Page

year 2029
Average Member

590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what do the lenders look at??
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:11:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defaults. Amounts of credit applied for in the past 6 months, to detect fraud. Spending patterns.

Or they used to. But they don't get the entire file to look at like we can. That would be against DPA I am sure. They just get a decision based on what a computer calculates.
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pcoventry

Thanks

Im hoping that he keeps it - it surely can't be an asset of mine if I don't own it and have never paid a penny towards it?

Generally as a fall back position it would be considered that the person who bought something is the owner. But i would disagree that it could never be classed as yours because you did not pay for it. Consider this, if a person turned up and told you he was giving you something and never wanted it back. Would you not then consider the item to be yours despite never paying for it?

Of course proving that something has been given from one person to the other is much more difficult than proving who originally bought it
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Credit score don't necessarily make any difference whatsoever as my many creditors have their own criteria. In the past I have applied for accounts and been turned down because I didn't meet the lender's criteria even though I had no problems with my credit file.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  18:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do disagree - if you look at the sister forum you will see several posters on there who are excellent in dealing with defaults, credit scores etc and will tell you that the potential lender will apply their own criteria.

For example, when I still had a good credit rating I applied for a full Nationwide account and was turned down despite much arguing with them - I went across the road to Barclays and was given a full account with cheque book etc and a credit card as I was at the top of their lending criteria!

Follow through
Don't give up the fight
You will be alright

Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  19:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem - I was turned down for an account with First Direct (a result with hindsight!) but was able to open a full account with Natwest.

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Last IPA payment made on 28th June 2010 and I'm now looking forward to getting married in September 2012 - I'm proof that you can go BR and come out the other side.
Go to Top of Page

year 2029
Average Member

590 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  20:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why was it a result not to be accepted by first direct?
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2012 :  20:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because they are linked to HSBC who are one of the worst banks out there. When I went into my IVA Natwest were brilliant but I can't see First Direct being like that! They trawl the insolvency register and close the account of people who are BR or in an IVA.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page