Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Income Payments Agreements, Income Payments Orders
 Income Payments Agreements
 How Do i Challenge an IPA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flapjackman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  13:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first ever post so if I am going over old ground please forgive me.

I find myself in the following prediciment.

My wife and I were both declared bankrupt on 26th October last year. So far it has been a straightforward process. My wife has not worked since and has had no income and I have had two brief periods of unemployment though am now employed although earning a significantly reduced salary to what I have previously been fortunate enough to enjoy a few years ago.
On that basis I have had no IPA set up after filling in 2 Income and expenditure forms. I had to fill in a 3rd form in July and as a result have recieved an IPA yesterday for £74pm. This has arrived 6 weeks to the day before my automatic discharge. We are a family of four (two young children) and are also in reciept of housing benefit and tax credits.
My circumstances have changed since July and I quite simply do not have £74pm spare!

I have cooperated fully up to now and my understanding is that I do not have to sign this agreement and if no agreement is in place within 6 weeks (discharge date) then no IPA can be enforced.

How do I challenge this?
Will the OR automatically apply for an IPO if I challenge them?
Will the OR automatically apply to delay my discharge if I challenge them?

Thank you in advance

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  15:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Flapjackman,

I advise you speak to the examiner asap first and check all the figures for your income and expenditure as you may have made a mistake on the form, or they may be disallowing an expenditure or reducing an expenditure.

If it's not sorted then you don't sign the form and it can go to a judge for the final say so.

You won't be discharged for not signing the form and doing nothing, so call them on Monday.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Flapjackman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  16:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Viki,

Is it reasonable for me to request a new Income and Expenditure review as my circumstances have changed? If I do this will I still be made to pay the £74 while they consider my changed circumstances?
My plan is to write to them within the 14 days informing them of changed cicumstances and requesting a new Income/Expense review and at the same time informing them I refuse to sign until that has been conducted.
Can I do that or will it be deemed to be not co-operating?
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  17:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What has changed since July and exactly when we're you first notified or knew that a change was taking place
Go to Top of Page

Flapjackman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  17:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi debt info,

Quite a few things have changed, we have had a rent review resulting in an increase, combined gas and elec payments have increased also after their annual review, we have lost some tax credit after the july review and my car insurance has increased (I need the car for work. The kids have gone back to school and I am paying for School dinners which I know I forgot to account for in July
Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 16 September 2012 :  17:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then give your OR a ring tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

Flapjackman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2012 :  22:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One last question before I make the call.

What will happen if I show a negitive on the I&E review (more expenditure than income), which may actually be the case...though not by much?
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2012 :  22:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the OR accepts your expenditure and you don't have any surplus, then you won't get an IPA.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page