Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 I really want one of my creditors to make me bankrupt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lisa.mg
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2012 :  18:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Lisa.mg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really want one of my creditors to make me bankrupt, Im fed up of the treating letters and Stat Demand coming through the door but none of them seem to do anything ..I have nothing of value, live in rented accommodation and have no job not for want of trying ,I dont claim benefits my partner supports meand pays all the bills, If I ask one of my creditors to stop threating and just do it will they ??

thanks

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2012 :  19:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,

How much debt do you have altogether?

It's unlikely that credit card companies, banks etc will make you bankruptcy, they will sell the debt on to debt collectors.

If you have no disposable income, no assets and debts under £15,000 then you may qualify for the debt relief order which the CAB can do for you.

If your debt is over £15,000 then bankruptcy may well be the best solution, but please speak to an expert on here or visit the CAB for advice.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

Lisa.mg
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2012 :  19:16:37  Show Profile  Visit Lisa.mg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are all with DCAs £25.000 in Debt, The way I look at it is ,,If the banks had all their paperwork in order they would of took me to court and not sold the debt on for little money ..I wont be paying for BR ,,Hopefully one of the DCAs that are chasing will ..These Debts will be SB in 16 mths

Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2012 :  19:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Lisa, not sure what you are getting at here?
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2012 :  20:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mean statute barred? That's only if 6 years has passed and there has been no contact.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

xmas baby
Average Member

537 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2012 :  11:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt the creditors will make you bankrupt. They will pass your debt to a collections agency and they will continue to hassle you. Unfortunately this will probably continue until you, yourself, file for bankruptcy.

xmas baby
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2012 :  12:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that your creditors are highly unlikely to do it as it would cost them far too much.

As Viki says, statute barred only comes in once you've not contacted your creditors for six years and you've not acknowledged the debt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page