Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 will i be thrown out on the streets?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andyg

172 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  19:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after the 3 years are up can you be forced to sell your property even if you have no where else to go and have a child of 3 years and 17 years. I am in scotland and i am being told i have to sell my house but i have nowhere else to go will i be thrown out on the streets? thank you for any help

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  19:37:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi andyg - welcome to the forum.
I need one of the BR assist experts to answer this for you - one will be online at some point this evening. Please hold on for one to advise you.

Kind Regards

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

andyg

172 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  19:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx vicki
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  19:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome - not that I helped much!
Is there any equity uin your property? Have you gone BR already or just thinking about it?

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

andyg

172 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  20:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its actually my partner thats bankrupt. It will be 3 years on the 14th july this year. There is equity in house, Ive been looking on the net and the words along the lines of (the trustee will re-invest after the 3 years are up) keeps coming up but i dont understand it. Does she have any rights or just have to face the fact that we have lost the house.
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  20:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy - I thought after three years if the OR/trustee hadn't done anything to "claim" the equity then they can't.
A BR assist expert will hopefully confirm that this evening for you. Hmmm....I hope I'm right!

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  21:03:52  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Trustee must have taken steps to deal with his/her interest in the property by the three year point. It is unlikely that this will be forgotten about, and I would expect possession proceedings to ensure regrettably.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  21:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are Andy's option now Melanie? Can he do anything to prevent repossession at this stage?
Is his next step to look for rented....privately, housing associations, etc..?

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2008 :  21:15:21  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He needs to take legal advice with regard to his position, and ask the Trustee what their intentions are with regard to his home. Once this is known, he can then plan for his family's relocation if this becomes necessary.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

julie08

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2008 :  15:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyg

Its actually my partner thats bankrupt. It will be 3 years on the 14th july this year. There is equity in house, Ive been looking on the net and the words along the lines of (the trustee will re-invest after the 3 years are up) keeps coming up but i dont understand it. Does she have any rights or just have to face the fact that we have lost the house.

Go to Top of Page

julie08

United Kingdom
178 Posts

Posted - 13 August 2008 :  15:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyg

after the 3 years are up can you be forced to sell your property even if you have no where else to go and have a child of 3 years and 17 years. I am in scotland and i am being told i have to sell my house but i have nowhere else to go will i be thrown out on the streets? thank you for any help
h
hi andy . hope my reply helps i was in the same situation 3 months ago , my trustee had put a charging order on our house, we had equity in the house so decided rather than lose our home for the sake of 15k (this is what the trustee wanted as it was me who was bankrupt so 15k was my half of the equity)my husband took an 8k loan out the trustee was happy with this we also came to an agreement to pay 200 per month for 35 month , i know it sounds alot but it was that or have our beautiful home reposessed and believe me they will do it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page