Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for june
 hi to all from a newbie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andrew.m

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  13:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone,
im just about to start down this long and winding road so expect to hear more from me!
does anyone have the link so i can download the 2 forms needed to petition my bankruptcy?
thanks
andrew

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  13:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew and Welcome
The link you want is:
http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/
There you register and keep adding to the form until your ready to submit, once submitted you then print off 3 copies and take to the local court.
Everything you need for the form and the courts are in one thing.
Take care
Jo

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"
Go to Top of Page

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  13:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Andrew. we did our forms online and i just googled 'bankruptcy online', this puts you through to the insolvency service, click on the link to file for own bankruptcy and the forms will pop up. fill them in (this will take a while to ensure all information is correct) when finished they can be submitted and printed in triplicate. take your time with the forms as you can go back in again and again and make amendments and additions. do not submit them until just before petition and you are absolutely sure everything is on there coz once submitted they cant be brought back. The forms are fairly straightforward to fill in, anything your not sure of, just post a question and it will be answered by the more than 1 of the forum users. Welcome again to this long and winding road. you are not alone. RC
Go to Top of Page

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  13:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo, crossed over there. Hope things are going well with you. Got our OR interview on Friday :( OH and I just spent the morning reassessing if we want to try and keep the house or go into rental. I suppose with everything that happened i have got pessimistic and i no longer want to take a gamble on the house, just want a fresh start which would also free up some DI for an IPA. OH still torn...too many decisions..
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  13:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RC
Nice to hear from you agiain. Dont worry about Friday you will be fine :)
As for your house we are in the same boat, we cant afford to keep it from the Mortgage offer date which will be 31st May 09 and so we will be going into rented.
We were asked if we wanted to buy the BI and we said NO as we dont want to get anyone to find the money for it then lose the house anyway.
I bet your are very nervous, it will be fine, you have a face to face I think I would have prefered that rather than a telphone call its more personal you never know depending on what they find on ours I may get that chance.
Things are getting there between OH and I.
I had a moment the other day where i could have just packed up and buggered off but the clouds have gone now and I can see a silver lining, I think its everything that has happened over the past few months and the fact that i did what hubby wanted us too and I did it all he did nothing, so after taking it all on myself i just burnt my candle out and was exhasuted mentally and physically.
That said i am releived that we dont technically have the debts to deal with now, the post has dwindled down a lot and things are quieter.
I got my coop account sorted and have got all my DD's set up now, have sorted out the arrears on the mortgage they have agreed a repayment plan for that as i know it will go the house, but i dont want to be kicked out this year. :(
I did have some good news yesterday had i done my last 5 weeks of placements and handed in my work i would have got through to year 2 at Uni, but I had to give up and maybe, just maybe one day I can try again. :)
I have treated myself today had a hair cut and some hi lights thats made me feel loads better, just gotta work on the OH to make him realise that its not all about what he wants.
LoL
JO

"There is light at the end of the tunnel, if you cant find it, get a brighter torch!"

Edited by - Needafriend on 20 August 2008 14:01:09
Go to Top of Page

rollercoaster

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  14:12:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im glad to hear things are on the right track for you. OH and I are doing all right despite all the pressure and stress. my best friend came back from her spanish villa last week so i went over to see her (haven't seen her for a while) told her what was happening and once she got over the shock of what i told her (she wasn't expecting that one) she was just brill, saying it doesn't change us as people and that the type of friends that we all have don't think in terms of money (we are a real mixed bunch, ironic though coz best mate well off, probably because the ones that are doing the best came from real underprivileged backgrounds, there are the ones that are the typical 2.4 children and the ones that are living hand to mouth) makes no difference at all when we all book a week at a caravan park. I did have to tell her off though when she wouldn't let me pay for my coffee at the cafe. lol. just gonna take one thing at a time and keep my friends and family close. will email u after we have had our interview. x
Go to Top of Page

andrew.m

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  14:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for making me welcome, could i ask what reasonable living expenses are allowed? i am expecting to have some money to pay back over the 36 months.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  14:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andrew
That is all dependent on your OR and your expenses as now.
Each persons case is different, put down what you actually spend now and dont forget TV lic, WR, Haircuts, dental, car ins, petrol, etc etc.
If you dont ask you dont get.
I added things in but dont know what we are allowed yet as they have not told us.
Good luck
Jo

Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  14:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey RC
I will wait to hear from you on Friday with regards to how things go.
Its strange but since we went BR i dont know how we managed to pay all those bills, we just about manage to live day to day now. :)
Anyhow it is a much needed release and if we do get a BRU or BRO then thats life, eh!
I am trying to live life to the full now, looking forward to our holiday next month.
I will continue this in a email.
TTFN
JO

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page