Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 New Questions
 Forum Questions
 Mine field correcting credit file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

pigsick
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2014 :  16:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hope someone can help me, there are items on my credit file that are incorrect, Lloyds sold the debts to Max, so now there are duplicate items on my credit file. i have rang lloyds and they say i have to write to experian, etc and tell them the data is incorrect and they will fix it. Is this correct? i thought lloyds would have to do it. Also my second question is i am right in asking Lloyds to remove the items completely from my file, as they have sold to Max arent I. Any advice would be grateful. -

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2014 :  16:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It should now be down to Max to correct your file as they own the debt.

You should need to speak to Experian and and enclose a copy of your discharge certificate (or your completion certificate if you are in and IVA as I notice you have posted the same queation on the sister site) and all defaults should go back to either the date of BR or the date an IVA started.

Send copies to Lloyds as well and ask them to remove any duplicate entries.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  06:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi pigsick,

If you've signed up for membership to experian, even if it's the free 30 day trial, they should be able to write to the creditors for you.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  16:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I did which may help you is to sign up to Noddle. It's free and covers call credit information. You may think this is no good to you however please read on.

I had a problem where first direct refused to remove anything from my file. I raised a free online query with Noodle who then worked to resolve it. They had no reply from FD and so after 40 days they simply removed it from my file.

How does this help? Well they are legally obliged to advise other CRA's of this move. So it was wiped off Experian and Equifax as well. My credit score went up 200 points as a result.

SO even if you raise one and get a reply whatever the decision is will be triplicate d.

I spent a year sorting out my credit files and getting dates corrected and other things removed. Also make sure when anything is put as Settled or Partially settled that they use your discharge date and not your BR date,. I had 3 company's do just that and I had to ring them again to get them to correct it. The idea being everything related to the BR will fall off 6 years after your discharge date a long with your BR itself.

Hope any of that helps!

Edited by - pcoventry2 on 29 June 2014 16:32:33
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  17:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Noddle is only Call Credit and they most certainly have not contacted the other agencies as I still have defaults showing on Experian which I need to get sorted.

Sign up to the free trials for both Experian and Equifax to check exactly what is showing on there.

Make sure you cancel before the end of the month trial though.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant

Go to Top of Page

debtinfo
forum expert

2826 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2014 :  20:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is correct that there should be 2 entries.
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2014 :  15:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they did with me Niobe, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Ask them why
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 02 July 2014 :  15:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They may well have done with you, but not for me. Not too bothered anyway as I have no need for further credit.

I only have one company defaulting and will contact them at some point.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2014 :  22:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will tell you this pigsick - be on your guard!

Today I had a letter from a company called Willen - they had bought and were chasing a 14K loan that was secured on my house and included in my BR! They accepted what I told them and didn't take my up on my offer to prove my BR.. But it just goes to show that some companys disappear and then try and sting people years later. 2 years in my case

For anyone reading this - it's Welcome Finance - them that went bust in 2011(ish)
Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2014 :  16:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update this thread for the OP

I just had a very long chat with Experian and Equifax,

AVOID if you can getting defaulted dates from before your BR updated. I have 2 on my Experian file which are from 2010 and I was told they will drop off in 2 years - if I was to get them amended I am adding 4 years on for no reason.

But if you have to only make sure the satisfied date is the date of your BR.

Defaults that are satisfied (which mine are) lose any weight after 3 years she said. So mine mean diddly and my credit score with Experian a year after being discharged is 855 out of the 999 max.

So just wanted to pass that on.

Make sure the default date is not changed ( they have no power to do this anyway I am told) only charge the satisfied date if it's after your BR otherwise you are adding on more time.
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2014 :  16:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just had mine cleared with Equifax which were the only ones still showing one default.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2014 :  21:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

I have 6 from 1st October 2008 which will come on on Monday :)

All are green and satisfied but the ones which are not will pop off in 2 years anyway .

Time is awesome :)
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2014 :  08:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you mean 1st September? If it is October then they won't be off for another month.

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2014 :  15:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. I am wishing my holiday was sooner

Fail...
Go to Top of Page

Niobe
Administrator

United Kingdom
4590 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2014 :  15:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind!

Go to Top of Page

pcoventry2

230 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2014 :  06:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My old mortgage company are STILL marking my credit files as default so I have asked Equifax and Experian to query them and get them to e settled or part satisfied.

I rang the OR who told me they have no power to do anything against companys who refuse to acknowledge the BR. Spinless..

Makes you question what they are there for - they took £525 from me. I had to tell all my creditors and sort out my file and I had to clear up the mess after.

anyway - as I will never have to deal with them again I am glad. But really who CAN enforce a court order which is what a BR is?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page