Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 BR and obtaining credit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2008 :  16:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that Im Bankrupt I realise I cant get credit without disclosing the BR 1st(and has to be under £500)?
Alot on this forum it mentions that during the 12 months of BR
"the OR looks at your conduct before and During BR" when deciding on/if to slap on BRO on you?
Will the OR look at my bank statemnts 6/12 months down the line to see what I've been spending on and whats been coming in?
One of the reasons on asking is I have been offered a loan for £300 for a family break can I accept it without informing the OR?

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2008 :  18:01:07  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can accept the loan without permission from the OR, and they are unlikely to check up on this post-bankruptcy to be honest.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

WINCHESTER78

248 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2008 :  18:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Melanie.
Now that Im BR - am I correct in thinking that the OR is only concerned about my affairs Pre BR?
For example if I now racked up 1,000s in new debt would it be nothing to do with the OR?(I have no intention to!-Nice to be debt free)
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2008 :  18:24:30  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only if it is for less than £500, and obviously even this is not a great idea if you are bankrupt.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  13:01:55  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Winchester,

Whilst undischarged, you cannot get credit from anyone OVER £500 without disclosing to the LENDER you are an undischarged BR.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

tess121068

211 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2008 :  19:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was under impression that you could only get £500 in total or am I wrong and this is per creditor.

Tess
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  15:31:26  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tess,

You can get credit for any amount (if the lender gives it to you). You just can't borrow more than £500 from any one lender without disclosing the fact you are an undischarged BR.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page