Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 Forum Questions
 hi all . I am close to bankruptcy and I have a couple of questions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

james1102
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2014 :  11:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all iam close to bankruptcy and i have a couple of questions , first i havent paid any of my creditors for about 3 years now as my credit got out of control , we have since moved house and im not sure if i know all of my creditors when it comes to list them for bankruptcy so will i still be able to go ahead with it, second i have few charging orders on my house because i just buried my head in the sand and didnt open my mail , so my question is if i do go bankrupt will the charging orders ever disappear or will they always stay on the property .

would really appreciate your help on this thanks .

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2014 :  15:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James,

This has been answered on your thread the other day I think.

Log onto the credit report agencies and get as much info as possible re your creditors. Anyone you do miss will still be included.

Charging orders are secured against your property so they can't be included in bankruptcy.

Have you taken advice?

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

james1102
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2014 :  18:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry didnt notice that last thread viki , i thought it hadnt been posted , yeah thats what i thought about the charging orders and no i havent taken any advice yet , i was hoping to wait till next june as we are being treat to a holiday in may by a family member and i know that wont look too favorable just before bankruptcy or during bankruptcy , also i have a private pension its not worth much and my thoughts are they cant touch it but im not sure ,who would you recomend for advice when it does happen ?
Go to Top of Page

Viki.W
forum expert

United Kingdom
2211 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2014 :  18:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't need to put the bankruptcy off just because someone is treating you to a holiday. It obviously really depends on how much hassle you're getting from creditors and if you're in a hurry to sort it out.

Viki Warbrooke
Vincent Bond & Co
If you would like free advice on all options available and help with your bankruptcy petition please contact me at http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
Go to Top of Page

james1102
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2014 :  08:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not really getting any hassle any more just the odd phone call , and i think most of them have been sent through to debt collection agency's so when it comes to it just log on to the credit report agencies and that should give me the list of creditors who are still on my report .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page