Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Bankruptcy Forms - On Line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  15:47:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am completing my bankruptcy forms on line.. from what I understand I need to complete forms 6.27 and 6.28. I have almost done the Statement of Affairs (13 sections). What are the other forms?

Maizie

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  18:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi there I am in the process of doing mine now ready and im using the insolvency website to complete mine,. Not 100% sure but i dont think there is anything else needed as the forms are both combined and when you submit it is done as the court require.
I know my court need 3 copies but double check with yours also i had to make a pre appt but again sosme you can just turn up, again check.
Im new to this site and i can only advise on what I have done but i dare say the others on here will advise more to what I have said, but as far as im aware where i have done mine it was easy to follow and that is all i needed. But double check.
Good luck
Go to Top of Page

John

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2008 :  23:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi maizie

Jo is right you don't need any other forms. Copy the 6:28 twice as 3 copies are required. Some courts insist, others don't mind photocopying for you on the day. Either way 3 copies are needed, one for the court, one for the OR and will be handed back to you.
No harm in scoring brownie points!
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2008 :  18:21:34  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great advice Assist ... keep up the good work!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Skippy
forum expert

United Kingdom
3290 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2008 :  12:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check with the court to see how many copies they need - I only took 1 and they charged me £7 a copy!

Tomorrow is a mystery, yesterday is history, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.bankruptcyhelp.org.uk/
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2008 :  13:05:53  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Skippy,

It's always best to turn up at the court with three copies already. £7 for a copy of the SOA seems quite cheap as some courts will charge 50p a sheet!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

sueann

United Kingdom
300 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2008 :  13:15:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by josilverplayboybunnie

Hi there I am in the process of doing mine now ready and im using the insolvency website to complete mine,. Not 100% sure but i dont think there is anything else needed as the forms are both combined and when you submit it is done as the court require.
I know my court need 3 copies but double check with yours also i had to make a pre appt but again sosme you can just turn up, again check.
Im new to this site and i can only advise on what I have done but i dare say the others on here will advise more to what I have said, but as far as im aware where i have done mine it was easy to follow and that is all i needed. But double check.
Good luck

Ahh... the forms are combined thanks for that, I am finishing mine off now and was wondering where the other form was. This on-line form makes things so much easier as is realy straight forward to follow.
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2008 :  15:30:41  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best of luck!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2008 :  22:05:40  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice to see that people are finding the completion of their bankrutpcy forms relatively simple, and are able to complete them and file them with very little bother. The Insolvency Service has worked long and hard to make a consumer friendly system - and from posts like this it seems to be working.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

dave092

United Kingdom
176 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2008 :  15:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maizie: Don't forget - if you're on a low income, it's also worth filling out EX160 form (you may get £150 off!!!)
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2008 :  17:00:06  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Melanie,

I agree that in a lot of cases, the SOA is a fairly straightforward document and can be completed with the minimum of help. However, i am increasingly seeing cases where professional help is required. As the document asks the same question in a variety of different ways (forensic accounting), this will tell a financial story which needs to match the BR's verbal story (it will also highlight any irregularities). Professional help is particularly useful if there are asstes with equity that needs protection for the benefit of the non-BR spouse.

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page