Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 Name in Paper - Suzanne?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  16:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Suzanne

I wonder if you could help me again, didn't want to call as I might appear a nuisance so thought I would post a message on here for you to reply in your own time.

When I contacted that other company we were talking about I asked about whether there would be a way I could omit my details appearing in the paper. I have a very good reason for this, I don't want a couple of people to know where I am living. A police statement was given and one person arrested but the CPS felt there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute but without going into too much detail there is a very sensitive nature to it.

I was going to go bankrupt last year before my IVA started but wasn't told that something could be done about this and it scared me so prevented me going ahead.

I have now found out that it can be prevented from going in the paper depending on the circumstances. The company in question said for me to write a letter to the judge explaining the situation plus provide any evidence to support this. Is this correct? And if so, do I provide this to the judge or the OR... who makes the decision to put it in the paper?

Hope you can help.

Maizie

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  16:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The decision not to put it in the paper is made by the Judge. If you are going to court yourself you may get the opportunity to speak to him/her directly. But a letter detailing the reasons and some proof sounds like sound advice. If the Judge makes a decision for your address to be with held it will be with held from the insolvency register also, and will not be disclosed to creditors either.

However, if you have already been in an IVA you details are available already on the insolvency register.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  17:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know they are on the insolvency register, they have found out where I live so I moved in with my boyfriend on the 4th July. I just dont want my new address printed.

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  17:07:00  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would write to the Judge and ask for your circumstances to be taken into consideration, and that you beleive your personal safety would be compromised if your current address was publicised.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
www.jonesgiles.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2008 :  17:34:22  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done this for a couple of my own clients, and do find that District Judges are sympathetic if you are able to provide appropriate evidence - such as a police report or crime number.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  14:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Suzanne

Im in a bit of a panick. I went to court on Friday and was told by the guy checking my forms that the letter I had written asking that my details were withheld from the paper etc. would need to be given to the OR when they request all the statements from me etc.

I never got to see the judge, was just given the form back with the bankruptcy details on it.

What can I do?

Maizie
Go to Top of Page

maizie
Average Member

United Kingdom
566 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  15:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Argh!!! Im so angry! I have to go back to Court on Wednesday (its 3/4 hour drive away and having to take time off work again!) because the Courts got it wrong!! Spoke to the official receiver.. I have to fill out a form, take it to court with a £35 fee for the court to make their decision!

Got no money and they are charging me more!!!

Maizie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page