Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 nervous!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2008 :  22:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey all, I am going to court monday 23rd june, and i am sooooo nervous. i have received my letter of failed iva, my soa is almost complete too.
i wanted to ask if anyone has been to the high court in holborn/strand,how was ur experience???
just thinking about it is making my palms all sweaty!!!
anyone's comments will help!!! a very nervous girl!!!

eamonn

320 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2008 :  23:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just wishing you good luck and i hope it all goes well
Go to Top of Page

applebabe

United Kingdom
243 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2008 :  00:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Priti,
I know exactly how you feel believe me!
I was expecting the worst but to be honest I wish I had done it ages ago.
It is not that bad even seeing the judge was nowhere near as bad as I thought.
You are in the right place, and you will get lots of advice and support, this is a very friendly and extremely helpful site.
I would not have got through all of it without all the wonderful people on this forum/
I am sure you will feel the same.
lots of luck and let us know how you get on?
Maxine x
Go to Top of Page

m and v
Average Member

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2008 :  08:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Priti - you will be fine I promise.
Courts are funny old places....good for people watching....and you will find all the court staff and the judge are very approachable and understanding. It will be over in minutes and after a bit of waiting around it will all be done.
Good luck...keep us posted

Vicki x
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2008 :  10:24:22  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Priti,

The High Court operates slightly differently to the county courts in BR. The Insolvency Service does have an office there and you'll be directed there after receiving your BR order. Other than that, relax and you'll be fine!

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

debtfreesusie67

256 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2008 :  11:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Priti
good luck for Monday. I know just how you feel. I went BR May 21st. I had all the ideas in my head what it was going to be like. I thought I would have to stand in front of a Judge in the whole judge like outfit. It was such a relief when I walked into a small room with table and chairs and a very normal looking person. The Judge was very nice he didn't make me feel like a failure or anything. I was only in there a few minutes and when I came out it was "is that it then?"
Keep us updated and don't be afraid to post any questions or fears. We are all here to help, listen and offer advise.
Hugs

Sue
The only way is up
Go to Top of Page

JulianDonnelly

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2008 :  11:17:09  Show Profile  Visit JulianDonnelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue,

Well said :)

Regards

Julian Donnelly
Spokesperson for www.Bankruptcyhelp.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  20:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i have finally done it!!!! went to court today and have become bankrupt, now i just have to wait for the OR to call, bit worried about that, however
going to court was fine it was just like an admin office so didn't feel too bad!
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2008 :  22:36:53  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which Court did you file in priti? And well done for keeping calm and getting through today.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  09:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i went to the high court in strand, my only concern now is not losing my car, but my parents bought my brother a car 4 years ago and it was easier to put it in my as it was ordered on the internet, and the finance was put in my name,but they had paid me everymonth, they finished paying off the car about a year and half ago, but its only recently i put the car into his name as he is moving out. i'm just worried the OR will want this car even though i have never driven it!!
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  13:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi priti
This is likley to be a sticky situation. The OR could view this as your parents bought you the car, and you then gave it to your brother with knowledge of your insolvency. How much do you think it is worth? Do you have a car also?

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
Go to Top of Page

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  14:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i have my own car, which i use, mainly for taking my parents to places. my car is worth about 2500, and my bro' about 6000.
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Average Member

United Kingdom
869 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  14:25:27  Show Profile  Visit Suzanne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Priti
I am afraid there is a real chance they may ask for you brothers car or an offer to purchase it. Get some valuations, as very often they are not worth as much as you think. You can claim your car as exempt as needed for work etc.

Suzanne Stocker
Bankruptcy Manager
Jones Giles Ltd
Go to Top of Page

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  14:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brothers car is no longer in my name and he uses it for work, also he is moving out of home, Also he doesn't know about my situation, i don't really use my car its mainly for my parents so i don't mind the OR taking that. Can the OR get old bank statements, this will show that although money was going out of my acount my parents were paying me everymonth by cheque which would show up on old statements would this make any difference
Go to Top of Page

melanie_giles

1191 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  14:40:47  Show Profile  Visit melanie_giles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Suzanne in that there is a real risk that the OR will view your brother's car as an asset of the estate. Who has paid for the insurance, road tax and maintenance over the last few years? If you can produce evidence that this has all been paid for by your brother this would help.

For an informal chat about any financial difficulties, or advice as to the options available, I can be contacted via my website - www.melaniegiles.com
Go to Top of Page

priti

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2008 :  14:56:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my mum or my brother have always paid road tax and car insurance,i don't know if they will still have proof of it. i've never contributed anything to it.
Also i transferred it to him about 4-5months ago.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page