Other:
•About BankruptcyHelp
•Links
•Contact us
•Debt Glossary
•Insolvency jobs

FORUM
  > Browse and post on our forum
Home   |   Profile   |   Register   |   Active Topics   |   Members   |   Search   |   FAQ

Welcome to our Forum, please register if you want to post
Ask a debt question
See the last 250 posts
Watch video on how to use forum
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 archive
 bankruptcy postbag for july
 More letters from Creditors?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2008 :  10:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all
Today I have received 2 more letters from my creditors. One was dated the 18th of July Lloyds Bank and giving me 10days grace and the other Next DCA's dated 22nd July giving me till the 29th July to cough up.
The one dated the 22nd was from Next and there DCA and they have said that I must pay the whole amount by the 29th to avoid any further action, the other gave me 10 days grace but again the deadline for that was today and it was received today.
I wondered what should I do, they have asked me to call them but if I do that they will try and force a payment and the letters look pretty standard with the threatening solicitors and court action if I dont do what they say by these dates.
I am annoyed that these big companies take up to 10 days to get the letters to you then expect you to pay on the day its received thinking that you have had the letter before and i mean well before that date and to respond.
We go for our hearing next monday so i still dont really want to inform them about the BK hearing I just want to get some grace and stop action until the date of the hearing.
Any suggestions.
Jo

"Lifes too short, Grab it while you can, Make each day count and live life to the full. Dont Worry- Be Happy!"

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2008 :  20:48:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jo,
We have not paid our creditors since April/May and wont be going BR til the end of August.
I've been getting the same letters as you and to be honest I have just filed them away for the OR, basically taken no action.
I have enough stress at the moment, so I'm just crossing my fingers that the judge grants us BR and this all but disappears.
Interestingly, I have not paid NEXT since April (I owe £550), but have not heard anything from them?????????????? Not even a statement!

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2008 :  21:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Thanks DM
Yeah its funny how they chase some and not others, at least your not worrying about the letters that Next too would be sending. I mean that nicely not sarcastically. LOL :)
They do my head in I managed to get agreements from 99% of my creditors in the past for reeduced payments but these would not.
Never mind. When did you say you had your BK date. I just wnat the judge to agree to our debts and then deal with the OR and what they reckon we should have as I&E but its only next week now and im getting nervous now.
I have finished the SofA and its all printed in triplicate ready to go along with passports and birth cert for proof of who we are and just counting down the days now till Monday and 9am.
Well take care, lets hope Next dont write to you until after the hearing.
TTFN
JO

"Lifes too short, Grab it while you can, Make each day count and live life to the full. Dont Worry- Be Happy!"

Edited by - Needafriend on 28 July 2008 21:02:36
Go to Top of Page

Trolly-Dolly
Average Member

591 Posts

Posted - 28 July 2008 :  22:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are going BR on August 26th!!!!!!!

You can read my blog here;

http://drowningmummy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Needafriend

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2008 :  08:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DM
So you dont have too long after we go for ours then. Its a very worrying time all round. Now that my kids are home from school its a bit harder if you know what I mean and I dont want to have to leave our home but I do know that we will have too so that we can release the equity which funnily enough is a result of most of our debts as the majority of the money we borrowed went into the house.
Oh of course we spent some on house items, sofa, washing machine, food and household bills but it is not until you put the amounts in the SOA that reality hits and it totals up the complete outstanding amounts and wow mine looks massive.
Most of our debt went to Lloyds TSb I seemed to be able to get without any trouble loans, credit card and overdraft facilities and when I went of sick 2 years ago with stress the problems really hit. We remortgaged and added value to our home but at a very high cost, the builder we used wiped all the money we had put to one side and left us with a gapping whole in the roof and so when he went we had to get other tradesmen in and that took our initial monies from 12k to about 20k and so we used it from everywhere to find the money to finish.
The stress of him meant I did not want to leave the house, so my money we lost we used the overdraft and credit cards, then it ran out and I was left with the task of writing to creditors to explain and do negotiating to reduce payments.
We have been muddleing along for nearly 2 years now and to be honest im glad its come to a head, I could not deal with it anymore.
Dont know which bank account to go for once the hearing is over as we need one for hubbies wages, will have to sort that out next week.
Also the 2 payments missed on the mortgage dont know what we should do about that will wait to see what the OR wants us to do they may say, because they want the house that we should just put on the market and it will come out of the monies or get written off.
Anyhow let me know more about you as you have not added from what i can see to oyur blog for ages.
TTFN
JO

Edited by - Needafriend on 29 July 2008 08:03:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
bankruptcyhelp.org.uk Forum © bankruptcyhelp Go To Top Of Page